Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifa 11 code

• 03-01-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

my son recently got xbox live and had the free month,now he got a years membership for xmas,he started a new account and because he used his fifa code on the old account he now cant use it,he has said about buying more points and he can then buy a code online?!?! now im lost with all this so any help greatly appreciated.ie do you really have to spend more money to get his fifa online again? have looked at ebay and it seem's you can buy points are they safe to buy? also heard you get an email with code? sounds strange to me,did a search and seem to find contradicting posts about were to buy points.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

these game specific online codes are a new phenomenon devised to enable game publishers make some money from second hand game sales - your son's situation is one of the unforseen exceptions that may occur because of their inception

unfortunately, i think your only solution would be to have to buy a new code to be activated with the new xbox live account

points can be bought a lot of places, live-codes.com are good, they often have sales on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

theteal wrote: »
    these game specific online codes are a new phenomenon devised to enable game publishers make some money from second hand game sales - your son's situation is one of the unforseen exceptions that may occur because of their inception

unfortunately, i think your only solution would be to have to buy a new code to be activated with the new xbox live account

points can be bought a lot of places, live-codes.com are good, they often have sales on

thanks for that,i feared something along those line's,more money thats tight enough without this,i suppose from the publishers side it's a way of stopping multi use of codes but harsh on those younger folk who have no idea about all this :(
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jambofc wrote: »
    thanks for that,i feared something along those line's,more money thats tight enough without this,i suppose from the publishers side it's a way of stopping multi use of codes but harsh on those younger folk who have no idea about all this :(
    thanks again
    A long shot could be to contact the publisher support for the game (in this case EA) and explain the situation to them, see if they'll help at all. Worst case is they can say No and you'll then have to go ahead and pay for the code again.

A long shot could be to contact the publisher support for the game (in this case EA) and explain the situation to them, see if they'll help at all. Worst case is they can say No and you'll then have to go ahead and pay for the code again.

thanks for that do you no how much the code is? or would i just be better buying points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

EA are notorious for having none to very little after sales support. Im pretty sure they have no irish number so you will have to ring a UK number, which will cost a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jambofc wrote:
    thanks for that do you no how much the code is? or would i just be better buying points?
    Here is a link from the EA Sports website:
    http://www.easports.com/onlinepass

From the FAQ section:
    Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
    No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.
    I've not tried this to verify, but your son might be OK. If he is still using the same console and hasn't deleted the 'download' when he redeemed the code the first time.

If he has deleted the file he could try to download again from his download history when logged in with the old gamertag (steps here: Download an item again)

If that fails, the online code usually costs about 800 Microsoft Points, which is about $10, but if you look at the top of this forum there are some sites that allow you to buy the Microsoft points for cheaper than RRP. This means that it might come in at less than the $10, perhaps not by much.

Hope that helps.

thanks for all the help,a friend had fifa but doesnt play online and gave my son the code from his game,he's happy now so im happy :)
    thanks again

Advertisement