Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin - Setting destination nonsense?

• 03-01-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Years after buying my Garmin Nuvi 760T I still have to deal with the crappy little Box of shíte being next to impossible to enter a new destination address most of the time.....

Neither the "Spell address" or "Search all" options works in any sensible or logical way - and no I don't want to go to a particular house number such as 1 The Terrace Sligo.

FFS :mad:

Last time I travelled I spent 15 minutes typing the address in to be shown somewhere on the opposite side of the Country and in the end had to go to Google Earth and write down the coordinates and manually input them instead (couldn't have scrolled/zoomed on the Nuvi itself as it would have taken 6 hours as the device is painfully slow to render maps onscreen)

- Its on my windscreen now - hopefully it will be stolen :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Raiser wrote: »
    Years after buying my Garmin Nuvi 760T I still have to deal with the crappy little Box of shíte being next to impossible to enter a new destination address most of the time.....

Neither the "Spell address" or "Search all" options works in any sensible or logical way - and no I don't want to go to a particular house number such as 1 The Terrace Sligo.

FFS :mad:

Last time I travelled I spent 15 minutes typing the address in to be shown somewhere on the opposite side of the Country and in the end had to go to Google Earth and write down the coordinates and manually input them instead (couldn't have scrolled/zoomed on the Nuvi itself as it would have taken 6 hours as the device is painfully slow to render maps onscreen)

- Its on my windscreen now - hopefully it will be stolen :mad:

+1

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

With Garmin every village is a city, so unless I'm looking for a particular address in a town or city, I find that the best thing to do is, lets say you want to get to Lobinstown, County Meath, hit the Cities button & key in Lobinstown & hey presto. It usually works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

wilson10 wrote: »
    With Garmin every village is a city, so unless I'm looking for a particular address in a town or city, I find that the best thing to do is, lets say you want to get to Lobinstown, County Meath, hit the Cities button & key in Lobinstown & hey presto. It usually works for me.

I find this works when in physical range of the 'city' ~ not sure what the range is but about 25 miles radius.

Mostly it finds the correct address this way where previously it would not find any matches.

Advertisement