Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which GPS should I go for?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm looking at purchasing a sat nav over the week few weeks.

The main reason for purchasing the unit is to have all the new speed camera locations on it. (I don't currently have a GPS) Naturally I'd like to have a decent unit to boot.

Does Tomtom Live services provide real time updates of where the camera actually are at any given point in time? (Probably unlikely)

Price isn't a huge factor....

Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I've been happy enough with Garmin and bought a 1490T yesterday. It can for a subscription give update on a few things, Traffic in Dublin, Speed cameras are the main.

However, it does not offer the exact locations of sped cameras.

I believe a model that supports the Internet can have live links added to from other users ~ I don't have it an my model does not support it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

TomTom devices warn you when you are entering or driving within any of the designated zones. There is no information as to where the cameras are located at any given time.
    Live services include Traffic, weather & Google search.

As always, whatever you go for stick with Garmin or TomTom. Its the only way to be sure of Map & software updates.

Advertisement