Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargazing on BBC

Options
  • 03-01-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭

Stargazing live on bbchd and bbc2

on for 3 nights starting tonight.
    linkie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Awesome :) Will be watching

On now lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Anything special tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

I thought it was excellent, inspired me to get an old telescope out and get fantastic view of Jupiter & moons. Well done to Dara, Brian & Liz - don't suppose anyone in RTE took any notice!

• Advertisement

Thought it was great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I thought it was great too, looking forward to the next 2 installments,

Dara and Brian working well together, although one "star" i wish would go in behind the clouds is Mr. Ross, just can't stand him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I loved it too. Watched it with the Mrs and when the show was over, the two of us went out the back garden to stare up at the sky.:)

Dara and Liz were very good as presenters. Brian Cox? is a fantastic presenter and makes it so watchable. Loved his Wonders Of The Solar System series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

Here is a link to the stargazers Flickr page

Get submitting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

another good show tonight! Gas the way there was a meteor in the one gap in the clous just as they went outside-class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Great show.
    Some fantastic segments -- the solar activity; the "music" from the stars; etc.
    Really enjoyed it.

Yeah loved it again. Plus Brian Cox mentioned his new series "Wonders Of The Universe" is airing in March. Can't wait for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

adox wrote: »
    Yeah loved it again. Plus Brian Cox mentioned his new series "Wonders Of The Universe" is airing in March. Can't wait for that. :)

Ahhh :D

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Bump......
    Tonights episode in 5 minutes people.

Bump......
    Tonights episode in 5 minutes people.

Already tuned into BBCHD.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Loving this. Really hard to do a live star gazing show when it's so cloud dependent, but they're doing really well. Dara is great as he always is, but Brian Cox is just too cool for words. He looks so excited to be doing the show. Hopefully they'll continue on with the show sporadically during special astro events.

Also looking forward to Wonders of the Universe follow up to the great Wonders of the Solar System.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Great show, one of the best things ive seen on tv in a long time. Brian Cox is so watchable. He seems so enthusiastic about everything he talks about. Dara is turning into a great presenter and the interaction between himself and Brian really brought the show to life.

Also nice to see Liz and Daras scientific background being used to get them presenting jobs on primetime tv

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

yeah i loved it too and really enjoyed your man brian. really good advertisement for doing a job you enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hen93

Amazing show, if only shows like this were on everyday :D.
    Brian is an incredible presenter and a really intelligent man. His enthusiasm is something that many people lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

loughan wrote: »
    I thought it was excellent, inspired me to get an old telescope out and get fantastic view of Jupiter & moons. Well done to Dara, Brian & Liz - don't suppose anyone in RTE took any notice!

good point about rte, they really need a kick:( it's sad when you have to watch your homegrown talent on the other side but i love the BBC so fair dues to them!!

great few programmes though and motivated me to look into getting a telescope and finding my brief history of time too:) can't wait for more in march!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Loved the show, Brian Cox is very enthusiastic and his presentation is very watchable. Dara is as usual a great watch and makes things so easy to follow. (I liked his observation about the director of UKIRT being an Everton fan, it lightened the mood nicely so that the subject matter didn't come across as too heavy and added a pleasing touch of humour)

I am not a great fan of Jonathon Ross, but I think he was there to show how a total beginner, and frankly a bit of a numpty, can get involved and take up the hobby of stargazing.

Excellent programme all round. I hope they do a second series sometime in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Quality television. I hope the BBC have much more of this in store for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

nitrogen wrote: »
    Quality television. I hope the BBC have much more of this in store for the year.

Brian Cox has a new series "Wonders of the Universe" starting in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Missed Ep 1 and 3. Just got UPC Digital with the DVR installed a fortnight ago but forgot I now had one touch recording capability :D

Thankfully all 3 eps are available in the usual place. By the By....ARRRGGG me mateys, Torrential rain we be havin' ...Arrrgggg :D

Advertisement