If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on ONKYO HTS3305 3D surround sound system

Options
  • 03-01-2011 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,

Sorry to bother everyone! I've recently bought a Samsung 3d telly and blu-ray player and I was hoping to get a 3d surround sound system to go with it. I'm looking for something that is easy to install and not too expensive. I was thinking about this one - ONKYO HTS3305 Black 5.1 Package System with HDMI, Including Speakers. (1 Box Systems), http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=26&productid=1035.

I was wondering if anyone has bought this system or has any idea if the sound is decent. Or if there might be a better option altogether.

Also, and this might be a silly question, but does it come supplied with the speaker cables and 1.4 HDMI cable?

Hopefully this message makes sense. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Steve.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Steverino wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry to bother everyone! I've recently bought a Samsung 3d telly and blu-ray player and I was hoping to get a 3d surround sound system to go with it. I'm looking for something that is easy to install and not too expensive. I was thinking about this one - ONKYO HTS3305 Black 5.1 Package System with HDMI, Including Speakers. (1 Box Systems), http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=26&productid=1035.

I was wondering if anyone has bought this system or has any idea if the sound is decent. Or if there might be a better option altogether.

Also, and this might be a silly question, but does it come supplied with the speaker cables and 1.4 HDMI cable?

Hopefully this message makes sense. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Steve.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I have had an 'interesting' week and our Boards presence has really suffered - please accept my apologies!

The HTS3305 really is an excellent unit and for the money it really cannot be beaten!

On the cable front - it comes with very basic speaker cable but not with any HDMI's - but if you need some we will sort you out a Boardie deal ;).

Thanks again and please dont hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Steverino

Hi John,

Thanks a million for getting back to me. I hope things have calmed down with you now and are no longer as "interesting"!

It turns out a mate of mine has a spare 1.4 HDMI cable so I seem to be alright on that front. But I was wondering if you might be able to come up with a price for the Onkyo HTS3305 system plus 15 metres of cheap (but hopefully not terrible) speaker cable plus delivery to Dublin? Hopefully you can work some magic!

Take care,

Steve.

Hi John,

Thanks a million for getting back to me. I hope things have calmed down with you now and are no longer as "interesting"!

It turns out a mate of mine has a spare 1.4 HDMI cable so I seem to be alright on that front. But I was wondering if you might be able to come up with a price for the Onkyo HTS3305 system plus 15 metres of cheap (but hopefully not terrible) speaker cable plus delivery to Dublin? Hopefully you can work some magic!

Take care,

Steve.

Steve - we will do the cable for you at -25% if you are buying a system ( I am working on a Boardie accessory scheme at the moment along these lines) So the system would be as follows:

Onkyo HTS3305
    Cambridge Symphony 100 * 15 mtrs
    Dublin delivery

£319.95 / €399.99

We have that is stock ready to ship so just drop me a line if you would like me to reserve one for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. That sounds great! The only thing is that when I do the currency conversion on any online currency conversion website I come up with just under €385 for £319.95. So would €385 be alright? As far as I can tell that works out at £319.95 anyway or maybe I'm missing something am I?

Sure you can let me know. If that's grand I'll give you a ring later on if I'm home from work in time and pay over the phone?

Take care,

Steve.

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. That sounds great! The only thing is that when I do the currency conversion on any online currency conversion website I come up with just under €385 for £319.95. So would €385 be alright? As far as I can tell that works out at £319.95 anyway or maybe I'm missing something am I?

Sure you can let me know. If that's grand I'll give you a ring later on if I'm home from work in time and pay over the phone?

Take care,

Steve.

Steve,

unfortunately the bank generally don't pay us the quoted interbank exchange rates (amazing that isn't it!!! :mad:) and we also have to allow a couple of percent in our conversion to allow for a time gap between our quote and the time a Customer actually orders - however we are happy to charge it at £319.95 and you can take the exchange risk yourself?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi again John!

Sorry I never got a chance to ring you yesterday evening. I tried a couple of times today though but the number just rang out...it's the one on the site but maybe it's a dud? 0044 3339000071? Anyways, I'll try again later, maybe it's just crazy busy with you lads. Otherwise, I'm on 085 7633053 if you get a spare sec...

At the risk of being cheeky a mate of mine told me to mention that there is usually a Boards.ie Richer Sounds discount of 10% too...would my order qualify?

Sure I'll ring you again later on anyway. Thanks again,

Steve.

Hi again John!

Sorry I never got a chance to ring you yesterday evening. I tried a couple of times today though but the number just rang out...it's the one on the site but maybe it's a dud? 0044 3339000071? Anyways, I'll try again later, maybe it's just crazy busy with you lads. Otherwise, I'm on 085 7633053 if you get a spare sec...

At the risk of being cheeky a mate of mine told me to mention that there is usually a Boards.ie Richer Sounds discount of 10% too...would my order qualify?

Sure I'll ring you again later on anyway. Thanks again,

Steve.

Steve,

apologies the Mail order phone has been bombed out the last few days - I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout today to get you sorted.

On the 10% discouint - in RS we have never done a blanket discount - honestly we just don't have the margin to allow it but I'm working on an exclusive Boardie deal to allow a blanket discount on interconnects and cables when purchased with any TV or AV system.

Thanks again and give me a shout if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.