Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E66 - Anyone own one or know some one that does?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,
    The screen of my Nokia E66 broke over christmas ( other wise the phone still works ) and I discovered that all of my contacts were saved on the phone memory not the Sim memory...
    So unless I can get them on to the sim , then I am screwed.

Is there any kind soul out there with an E66 that could walk me thru the button pushes to get them all copied to sim ?

twould be very much appreciated .

Regards,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ovi suite and backup to your computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

I have already tried nokia Pc suite but its telling me that my device is connected in a non-compatible mode.
    will Ovi suite make any difference ?

just by connecting via the usb to my computer i can access all the photos i have taken but I cant find the contacts.

any other suggestions ?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

well pc suite is the same thing, had you set the phone as default connection to data transfer rather then 'pc suite'?

Usually the default is prompt, where it asks you which connection, so when you connect the cable to the phone and pc all you need is to press select on the phone and it will go into pc suite mode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

1)Contact button (on the top right, just below the right blue button on the side)
    2) Top BLUE button on left side (options)
    3)Center button, down direction : 8 TIMES (Mark)
    4)Center button, right direction : 1 TIME (Mark options)
    5) Center button, down direction : 1TIME (mark all contacts)
    6) Center button, press : 1 TIME (all the contacts are marked)just press center not left or right or up or down
    7) Top BLUE button on left side (options)
    8)Center button, down direction : 5 TIMES (Copy)
    9)Center button, right direction : 1 TIME (To the SIM card)
    10) Center button, press : 1 TIME (Confirm the copy to the SIM card not left or right or up or down

this is pending you have not changed and shortcut keys etc

another option is to get screen replaced or send it to a nokia care point
    a screen would cost around 35 quid to replace if you want any more help please ask as its an easy process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Darlings

Press contacts (upper right of center square)

Options (top left blue button)

Down arrow 7 times

Right arrow once

Down arrow once.

Select (select, middle square button)

you now have all your contacts marked

Options (top left blue button)

Down arrow 5 times

Right arrow once

Select (select, middle square button)

You are now copying all your contacts to you sim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

hi guys ,
    i notice that your suggestions vary by a key push or two , I have tried both many times this evening but no luck.
    Thanks anyway,
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Darlings

i notice that your suggestions vary

Yes I see that. I tried it again on mine and I definitely copied contacts to sim. Maybe you changed the short cuts?

Advertisement