Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SF Chicken

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

RoverJames wrote: »
    Stalker mode on

which Hillbillies ? :pac:

I have to admit that I can't go! Remember man, it's my NYR????? :(:(:(
    dan185 wrote: »
    I love breasts

HA HA HA HA!!!!!! This actually made me burst out laughing at work!!!! i had to explain to my collegues that I'm reading about fried chicken on a forum about Cork city and some dude just made a sexual innuendo.... Now everyone defo thinks I'm mad.

NoDice wrote: »
    Isome dude just made a sexual innuendo....

I thought he was on about chicken to be honest :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

Thanks everyone for suggestions, looks like it will be hillbillies tonight!

I have to admit that I can't go! Remember man, it's my NYR????? :(:(:(

Presume you mean new years resolution? Will deffo be on here tomorrow boasting about me feast! Hopefully

antlyn wrote: »

Presume you mean new years resolution? Will deffo be on here tomorrow boasting about me feast! Hopefully

Yep New Years Resolution. I went there way too many times last year and I've promised myself to cut down on the take aways so it's not an option for me anymore.. Except for on a weekend for one day if I'm in town and I've been really good all week.. Yes.. I'm sure this NYR will work out.. :o

lol, when I went to John Graces on Monday night I ordered a snack box, bastads were doing buy one get one free :rolleyes: I didn't quite eat all of the chips though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Mind if I ask where you're coming from? Hillbillies isn't unique to Cork :) although when I got one in Kerry I wasn't impressed, Cork's much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

babo9 wrote: »
    Cork's much better!

It depends on a few things.

How hungry one is, is first. How much drink one has and so on.

Than:
    The time of day.
    Turnover on the day.
    The cooks on the day.
    The actual food on the day.

If you are drunk you'll eat rubbish and love it, some less reputable establishments have been known to take advantage of this. So if you are sober and in a drunken queue you might find you are buying rubbish and hate it.

gbee wrote: »
    It depends on a few things.

How hungry one is, is first. How much drink one has and so on.

Than:
    The time of day.
    Turnover on the day.
    The cooks on the day.
    The actual food on the day.

If you are drunk you'll eat rubbish and love it, some less reputable establishments have been known to take advantage of this. So if you are sober and in a drunken queue you might find you are buying rubbish and hate it.

I agree, I previously said in general Hillbillies is great drunk but okish sober and I go there the odd time sober.

But I was comparing like with like, sober Hillbillies in Cork far better than sober Hillbillies in Kerry.
    If I had compared eating them when I was drunk...well you can't really make a fair comparision about something you do when drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

But I was comparing like with like, sober Hillbillies in Cork far better than sober Hillbillies in Kerry. :)

Actually when I re-read your post I took it as a question. Sorry about that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I worked in John Graces fried chicken for a year. Ate a fair amount of the stock while there :D

Have to say though Hillbillies is much better. Crazy to think that Hillbillies was set up by John Grace's son and John Graces Fried Chicken is owned by John Grace Jnr.

You can see which one had the better business skills....

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    Actually when I re-read your post I took it as a question. Sorry about that. ;)
    No probs!

Mind if I ask where you're coming from? Hillbillies isn't unique to Cork :) although when I got one in Kerry I wasn't impressed, Cork's much better!

Yeah no problem, I'm from Galway. Never had a hillbillies before .......................untillast nite! Got a breast in a bun and a snackbox (was fasting all day in anticipation!!) and glad I got both as the chips aren't the nicest. I went to the one on tuckey street I think its called. But the chicken oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy

Yeah no problem, I'm from Galway. Never had a hillbillies before .......................untillast nite! Got a breast in a bun and a snackbox (was fasting all day in anticipation!!) and glad I got both as the chips aren't the nicest. I went to the one on tuckey street I think its called. But the chicken oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummy

RESULT!!!!!!! :cool:

Thanks for all your help NoDice!! Still dissappointed wit chips tho

Chips aren't great no it's the chicken that's to die for. Mmmm. I usually drown my chips in their gravy anyway. I think due to this result I shall celebrate by getting Hillbillies tomorrow!

Me too. seeing as I'm here till Sunday and couldn't have another one again today. Sounds like after all this chicken I will walking back to Galway

I shall celebrate by getting Hillbillies tomorrow!
    Me too. seeing as I'm here till Sunday

Ye should meet up for a Hillbillies date and discuss ye're common love of the place :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

HILLBILLIES IS ****IN GOD!

The breast n bun is like....the breast of God!.

Dont go in there till past 6 pm though...for some reason during the day it's sick but once it hit 6pm its nom nom(even sober).

List of hillbillies.Two in the city centre,one in the north side,one in waterford...where else is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Seloth wrote: »
    HILLBILLIES IS ****IN GOD!

The breast n bun is like....the breast of God!.

Dont go in there till past 6 pm though...for some reason during the day it's sick but once it hit 6pm its nom nom(even sober).

List of hillbillies.Two in the city centre,one in the north side,one in waterford...where else is it?

Clontarf/ Fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hillbillies is not nearly as nice as has been stated in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

^^ your just sober

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

maglite wrote: »
    ^^ your just sober

Even when I'm drunk it doesn't warrant the queue. Centra for a hot chicken roll or Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Ooops sorry
    Thought this was a politics thread.
    I wondered what Sinn Fein Chicken was.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Yeah Hillbillys after a few drinks really makes the night,
    The breast in a bun from there is the best ive had.

But yeah i would not queue there, It gets far too busy on friday and saturday nights.

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Yeah Hillbillys after a few drinks really makes the night,
    The breast in a bun from there is the best ive had.

But yeah i would not queue there, It gets far too busy on friday and saturday nights.

Leave the club 5 minutes from closing = no queue :)
    then sit down and eat while you watch the mayhem that insues in the huge cue, also no problem getting a taxi as when you're finished eating everyone else is just starting :)

Don't think they allow you to sit down in there at 2am.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Don't think they allow you to sit down in there at 2am.

Ya sorry, ment sit down outside on the stone yokes that have the trees in them, you look directly at the queue then, finish, turn around and the taxis are infront of you! (also dumping your rubbish in the bin before you leave of course :))

Can't believe this thread is still going! Yay for Hillbillies!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hillbillys!! Will be in Cork again next week, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

paulosham wrote: »
    Sinn Féin do chicken?
    For a split second, and given recent events, I genuinely thought this thread was about Sinn Féin cowards... :o

Advertisement