Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Signal Booster

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Hey :) has anyone any experience of these? Signal in my house is absolutely brutal, no service or one bar which often goes..so annoying!1

Have been looking at one from this company but wondering does anyone have any experience?

http://www.gsmboostersireland.com/

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I may be wrong here so dont quote me but as far as I know they're illegal, there's another thread floating around here on the same subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are all networks the same, do a network seach on you phone the next time you've no signal and see what pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

If you need one,buy it,your mobile operator will not lock you up for using it.

Note the cheaper unit is gsm frequency only,not 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If you read the technical specs provided with that its more hassle then its worth.

You can cause so much interference for other customers using the mast your repeating if its not installed by a professional.

So many people buy them, point the antenna in any direction and switch it on and think ah this is deadly, whilst in the meantime other customers start calling the operator wanting to leave due crossed lines and dropped calls etc.

The other post referred to above, 3 people on the same street had one and his didn't work.....wonder why!

My advice would be is to check what operator does have good coverage and go with them, they all offer free sims on there websites, maybe give them all a try and with whatever is best see if they have a package to suit you.

http://www.antennasonline.co.uk/products/78/TPassive-Repeater-Kit/

If you have a strong signal outside this might be a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

http://www.antennasonline.co.uk/products/78/TPassive-Repeater-Kit/

If you have a strong signal outside this might be a better option.

why so?

am i right in thinking that because it's a passive repeater it won't cause interference on the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Listen to Max, forget the repeater and change to a network that works in your house, it's a lot cheaper and will probably save you money.

Mobile coverage indoors is becoming an issue now with many people getting rid of their landline connection.

Advertisement