Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The wunderkid to watch out for in 2011 thread

• 03-01-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I suppose we all have heard of some diamond in the rough or gem coming through, the next messi etc.

My tip for 2011 is Brazilian Ganso....the new em, Zidane....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Freddy Adu;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Cherno Samba

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Liverpool's Suso, next Xavi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Ah Freddy Adu, at 14 he was compared to Pele, now he is in the same league as Phil the power taylor:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

MGMTea wrote: »
    Liverpool's Suso, next Xavi :D

Isn't he a striker?

Player to watch is sergio Canale from Real Madrid.

From my own club Kyle Walker and Steven Caulker looks like they will be exceptional defenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Kennedy Bakircioglu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Ah Freddy Adu, at 14 he was compared to Pele, now he is in the same league as Phil the power taylor:D
    The Premier League?:confused:

Is he not a free agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apart from Tonton Zola Moukoko, Mustafa Amini in the A-League has serious potential and Australia need it with all the old guard either retiring or past it.

I wrote a piece on him recently -

http://backpagefootball.com/one2watch/one-2-watch-mustafa-amini/

41814_141730962537845_249_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Iker Muniain - Athletic Bilbao
    Already playing a good few games for Athletic Bilbao and has just turned 18, definatley one to look out for, reminds me of Torres in is Atletico days.

Capeable of the likes of this, last season against Depor.

Mario Götze - Borussia Dortmund
    Playin a good bit for Borussia and has already played for Germany's senior team, and he's only 18. he was also nominated for the Golden Boy award thing that Balotelli won.

Ganso and Neymar are definatley 2 that we will hear more of this season too. Though tbh i don't really want to see any of Neymar in the EPL, he seems to have a bigger ego than Balotelli already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

He needs a haircut, a ginger afro, is that what Im seeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Suso is definitely the most talented kid i've seen since i've started following Liverpool's reserves/youth teams. I'd say he is similar to Iniesta in style. I think he should probably start to get cup/sub appearances next season.

I also think Jonjo Shelvey will be a terrific player, which we'll fully start to see if we get a manager who encourages ball retention and attacking.

Apart from my Liverpool bias, i'm looking forward to seeing Ramsey come back from injury, Canales getting into the Real Madrid team and whatever wonderkid Barcelona release on the world next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.gif

Bit of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain will proabaly be at a Prem club come January 31st

And this guy who is going on 22 but still a class act.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Richie Partridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Suso is definitely the most talented kid i've seen since i've started following Liverpool's reserves/youth teams. I'd say he is similar to Iniesta in style. I think he should probably start to get cup/sub appearances next season.

I also think Jonjo Shelvey will be a terrific player, which we'll fully start to see if we get a manager who encourages ball retention and attacking.

Apart from my Liverpool bias, i'm looking forward to seeing Ramsey come back from injury, Canales getting into the Real Madrid team and whatever wonderkid Barcelona release on the world next

Pacheco has always looked like one of the top underage players for Spain, he doesn't seem to be developing fully at Liverpool though, i haven't seen a whole lot of him lately though.

As for Keepers I'd expect Alex Smithies to make a premier league move in the next 12 months and young Frank Fielding to push Paul Robinson at Blackburn by 2012 aswell.

Outside England De Gea is the blatant one but i'd also expect Josh Lambo in US to get a go in the MLS and maybe further afield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apart from Tonton Zola Moukoko, Mustafa Amini in the A-League has serious potential and Australia need it with all the old guard either retiring or past it.

I think he has a long way to go yet. He isn't anything special yet. There is a lad with the Brisbane Roar who I've been impressed with and that guy that moved from them to the Victory although he is 22 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wonderkid < 20?

Jack Wilshere, check him out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What about that Lukaku fella? Is he all he is cracked up to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kill it with fire!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lukaku will be at a top club by the start of next season. Probably Madrid. At Chelsea hopefully some of our youngsters will push on and begin to show some of their potential in the first team, namely Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta.

Worldwide there is no doubt that Neymar is the most promising young talent imo.

In Europe it has to be Alan Dzagoev from CSKA Moscow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Fredy Guarin

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think he has a long way to go yet. He isn't anything special yet. There is a lad with the Brisbane Roar who I've been impressed with and that guy that moved from them to the Victory although he is 22 I think.

He's 17 so of course he has a long way to go.

The player you're thinking of is Robbie Kruse and he has just been included in the squad for the Asian Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

iker muniain is an exciting talent, very agile & a brilliant dribbler & has instant control of the ball, he's brave as well, i think in 4 or 5 years he will be one of the best in the world

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea have been heavily linked with Alan Dzagoev over the past few seasons, probably more to do with his nationality than anything else. Is touted as one of the possible replacements for Lampard.

He's 17 so of course he has a long way to go.

The player you're thinking of is Robbie Kruse and he has just been included in the squad for the Asian Cup.
    Yeah thats the guy with the Victory. Who was the other kid with the Roar? I looked at the current team and no name is registering with me:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Probably Neymar, but unless he changes his attitude he won't get very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm not predicting, I'm asking what's the story with Robert Brady, no 37 for Man U?

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team/Robert-Brady.aspx

I met one lad who played with him at U14s, and another man who knew his dad - both of whom reckoned he was one to watch?? (I'm female btw, and trying to learn bout utd, and football in general :)).

Were they right?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah thats the guy with the Victory. Who was the other kid with the Roar? I looked at the current team and no name is registering with me:confused:

Tommy Oar? He was with Brisbane last year but now plays for FC Utrecht. He has replaced Richard Garcia in the Asian Cup squad as Garcia's injured.

Tommy Oar? He was with Brisbane last year but now plays for FC Utrecht. He has replaced Richard Garcia in the Asian Cup squad as Garcia's injured.
    Yep you got him. I didn't realise he had moved. Lol @ both of them being in the Asian Cup squad. My eye can't be too bad when I picked out both of them as promising. Gonna have to keep an eye out for Oar in Europe now.

Edit to add: For anybody reading, if you are up early any morning and the Brisbane Roar are playing you should take the time to watch them. Very exciting team to watch, the Arsenal of the A-League.

Fittle wrote: »
    I'm not predicting, I'm asking what's the story with Robert Brady, no 37 for Man U?

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team/Robert-Brady.aspx

I met one lad who played with him at U14s, and another man who knew his dad - both of whom reckoned he was one to watch?? (I'm female btw, and trying to learn bout utd, and football in general :)).

Were they right?

No whatever talent he has is spoiled by his attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

peabutler wrote: »
    No whatever talent he has is spoiled by his attitude.

What's wrong with his attitude? Haven't heard anything about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Brady's attitude is supposed to be terrible and he thinks he's a superstar already.no better man than SAF to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Benik Afobe. 17 year old striker on Arsenal's books. Strong, quick and great technique, he's supposed to be quite the prospect. Rumour has it Barca were trying to poach him off us before he signed professional terms last year.

Him and Chuks Aneke are the two u18's to watch out for at Arsenal anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Have to go with Neymar or Coutinho at Inter. Juan Agudelo for the New York Red Bulls looked very impressive in the MLS Play Offs. it was only his 1st couple of appearances and got a U.S call up and scored on his debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ill be boring and go with Rafael Da Silva and Fabio Da Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Were you reading Tim Vickery's blog on BBC Sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Josh Mceachran. Plays for Chelsea. I've seen him twice and he really impressed me both times.

Also Haris Vuckic from Newcastle may prove to be a decent young star breaking out of our academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm sticking with Heung-Min Son. Said it in August and he hasn't disappointed over the first half of the season even though he broke his foot and was unavailable until October.

He's made 7 apps, 4 starts and 3 goals from the wing this season.

He also made his Debut for the South Korea national team on Friday, came on at HT and was MOTM according most reports.
    He's so lovable :).

2011 might not be his year, but Moritz Leitner also has a very bright future ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Gary Burke, Sean Byrne, Lee Dixon, Craig Sexton, Sean Stewart and Patrick McEleny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Sonny Pike.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Lewis Holtby. Currently on loan at Mainz from Schalke. Had the option of playing for England but chose Germany as it's his birth nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Javier Pastore at Palermo should have a year that puts him at the top of the game, and onto everyone's wishlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

damn i thought we were talking about fm2011 wonder kids :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Nile Power Ranger.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Simone Verdi and Alexander Merkel at Milan.

Cutinho and Santon at Inter.

Bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I suppose we all have heard of some diamond in the rough or gem coming through, the next messi etc.

In fairness Ganso is already a wonder-player. There was uproar in Brazil that neither he nor Neymar were taken to the WC. They look like superstars in the making.

• Advertisement
Advertisement