Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The wunderkid to watch out for in 2011 thread

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Marc Albrighton too old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Piatti at Athletico I think it is looks pretty good.

If we are talking FM legends then look no further than Yaya Sanogo and Roman Lakulu.

Suso of Liverpool though actually looks quite good, but we have a long line of potentially brilliant youngsters who never made it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gotze and Kagawa(not sure if him being 21 would class him as too old for this thread but he is still relatively unknown for many here I guess), both are playing an instrumental part for the Bundesliga leaders, Dortmund.

As already mentioned for Liverpool, Suso is the standout talent from our youngsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Gary Gardner - younger brother of Craig. Centre-mid for Villa youth/reserves.

Did his cruciate a year ago so should be back playing by the end of this year.

A lot of excitement at the club about this fella; a villa insider said recently that "there isn't a club in the Premiership that isn't aware of Gary Gardner".

Suspected interest from Inter Milan last year too before his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jordan Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

joe123 wrote: »
    Piatti at Athletico I think it is looks pretty good.

If we are talking FM legends then look no further than Yaya Sanogo and Roman Lakulu.

Suso of Liverpool though actually looks quite good, but we have a long line of potentially brilliant youngsters who never made it.

Piatti's at Almeria. He scored a very nice brace against Seville a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yabadabado wrote: »
    Brady's attitude is supposed to be terrible and he thinks he's a superstar already.no better man than SAF to sort that out.
    bull****, it's probably just the Irish trying to drag their own down again. I've heard stories about him but attitude problem isn't one of them. I heard a story about him goin out with Macheda and being enticed by the ladies but other than that I hear all is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Liam O wrote: »
    bull****, it's probably just the Irish trying to drag their own down again. I've heard stories about him but attitude problem isn't one of them. I heard a story about him goin out with Macheda and being enticed by the ladies but other than that I hear all is well.

a well known poster on here, knows the Brady family very well, and he has never reported any problems with attitude.

as regards one to watch, if as he stays out of trouble, keep an eye out for Ravel Morrison at United. thats a big if though.

touted as the most promising player of his generation according to sum, though im sure weve heard that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

kryogen wrote: »
    Ill be boring and go with Rafael Da Silva and Fabio Da Silva

He's got to be one of the most consistent under-21 players out there atm.

He's taken care of Nasri and Bale this year, looks great going forward, beating players and putting crosses in. Great attitude too.

Kid's the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ciaran Clark has looked exceptional most times I've seen him and he's only 21 and starting most games for Villa, looks like he could be a future top player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Thiago from Barca is the best youngster i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Canales and Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

as far as Irish players go, i saw a young lad, think he's from Wexford, Shane Murray playin for Sheffield United in the Milk Cup final against United. Brady was playing for United, Both looked class, but i was very impressed with Murray (CM). And with regards to Bradys attitude, if he's anything like his brother, he's sound, but lazy!!

Internationally, got to be Ganso and i hope Adem Ljajic comes good, at Fiorentia now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not sure if this guy is too old or not(19):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga%C3%ABl_Kakuta

He's only played a couple of times for Chelsea and there was a fair bit of controversy over his transfer but I liked the cut of his jib when I seen him play and a lot is promised. Kakuta.

Also,
    I think most players mentioned on this thread have already shown up here:
    http://www.thefootymanager.com/2010/04/12/football-manager-2011-wonderkids-future-stars/

And Football Manager has a decent hit rate for future stars.
    That being said, Freddy Adu was also exceptionally highly rated in it........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Being in the US, I used to watch a lot of Freddy Adu. He excelled at underage level, doing well at two U-20 World Cups. But simply is lost at senior level. He was at Benfica and then went on loan to Aris in Greece last year. Now there's talk of him moving back to the US. He's still only 21 but I think he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

FatherTed wrote: »
    Being in the US, I used to watch a lot of Freddy Adu. He excelled at underage level, doing well at two U-20 World Cups. But simply is lost at senior level. He was at Benfica and then went on loan to Aris in Greece last year. Now there's talk of him moving back to the US. He's still only 21 but I think he's done.

there were rumours he was alot older than was let on. Hence how he stood out as a "youngster" and never really developed any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Jayob10 wrote: »
    there were rumours he was alot older than was let on. Hence how he stood out as a "youngster" and never really developed any further.

I think i've heard the same said about Obafeme Martins too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

how young do you have to be? guessing most of our lot aint considerd wunderkinds, still pretty chuffed with their development tho

Aston Villa

Ciaran Clark - 21 since sept
    Marc Albrighton - 21 since Nov
    Barry Bannan - 21 since Dec
    Fabian Delph - 21 since Nov
    Nathan Delfouneso - 19 since feb

Gary Gardner - 18 since June
    Samir Carruthers - 17 since april
    MOG7 wrote: »

and any other nigerian to make it big when young

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

MOG7 wrote: »

and Taribo West. he was in his 50s apparently :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

davocesque wrote: »
    as far as Irish players go, i saw a young lad, think he's from Wexford, Shane Murray playin for Sheffield United in the Milk Cup final against United.

From Arklow, County Wicklow actually!

We wont let yous forget it either because at the moment Wicklow's only decent player is Paul McShane :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ian_K wrote: »
    From Arklow, County Wicklow actually!

We wont let yous forget it either because at the moment Wicklow's only decent player is Paul McShane :o

Don't forget Katie Taylor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

I'd second Kagawa's inclusion. Seems to have that ability to play a killer pass Ozil style and gets on the scoresheet too. Also in that Dortmund team and only a little older is Nuri Sahin who is receiving a lot of plaudits and looks like a beaut of a player.

Advertisement