Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading to SKY +

• 03-01-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I recently called sky to ask about upgrading to SKY+, i have been with sky for 10 years and have all the sports and movie channels. A sales agent told me it would cost 160 euro but also pitched the free sky HD offer but i dont have a HD TV and done want the hd offer. Bit of a joke the way they treat existing customers as sky + is free for new customers.
    So i am wondering is it worth calling to cancel in order to see if they offer something better, i could just tell them UPC offered digital + for free and i want to change to them. Any one tried this and get some sort of success, i wouldnt mind paying some bit to upgrade but 160 euro is a bit much! any tips or help appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭lyndonjones

fanta2009 wrote: »
    I recently called sky to ask about upgrading to SKY+, i have been with sky for 10 years and have all the sports and movie channels. A sales agent told me it would cost 160 euro but also pitched the free sky HD offer but i dont have a HD TV and done want the hd offer. Bit of a joke the way they treat existing customers as sky + is free for new customers.
    So i am wondering is it worth calling to cancel in order to see if they offer something better, i could just tell them UPC offered digital + for free and i want to change to them. Any one tried this and get some sort of success, i wouldnt mind paying some bit to upgrade but 160 euro is a bit much! any tips or help appreciated. thanks

Am in the same boat, have been a customer for past 5 years though I have only had Sky movies for short periods of time but I tried to upgrade to Sky+ was was given the same spiel! it is really annoying when you see the adverts etc for new customers BUT for loyal customers you are treated with contempt!

I would like to know how others in the same boat have overcome this issue, as the OP stated iI would be willing to pay towards it BUT €160? Too steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Is there someone else in the house who could sign up as a new customer? When I left home I took the sky with me and then my mother signed up under her name as a new customer and got all the good introductory offers.

Or some people seem to have some success by ringing and asking to cancel and then they offer a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fanta2009

ya i could cancel and sign up with another name but surname would be the same but iv seen on some of their T&C's that some offers aren't available for previous customers. So if i ring up and cancel and hey go ahead with it and dont offer anything then try to resubscribe could be tough if they thinks it suspicious.

Just a chance that has to be taken i suppose but iv looked at a load of forums and not found much on someone who actually did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

fanta2009 wrote: »
    ya i could cancel and sign up with another name but surname would be the same but iv seen on some of their T&C's that some offers aren't available for previous customers. So if i ring up and cancel and hey go ahead with it and dont offer anything then try to resubscribe could be tough if they thinks it suspicious.

Just a chance that has to be taken i suppose but iv looked at a load of forums and not found much on someone who actually did it.

Put your name down in Irish;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭lyndonjones

zerks wrote: »
    Put your name down in Irish;)

I like it!!!

Stupidly obvious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fanta2009

rang the sky cancellations department today and told them i wanted to leave because i have been trying to upgrade to sky plus for the last year and i am getting quoted 159 euro. So the lady on the phone offered a free upgrade to sky plus and wont cost a penny because we have been loyal customers for 10 years, so happy out with that!

Advertisement