Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any charges for account to account transfers?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

if i walk into my bank of ireland branch and transfer some money from my account to my brothers account, will i be charged for this? are there any fees or is it free? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

joey2011 wrote: »
    if i walk into my bank of ireland branch and transfer some money from my account to my brothers account, will i be charged for this? are there any fees or is it free? thanks

If you walking into a branch and do this, it's not really a transfer, it's a cash withdrawl and a lodgement.

As to the fees, all depends if you (and brother) have free banking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 joey2011

but the amount i want to transfer is €5000. probably a bit over the maximum you're allowed to transfer..

anyway if i was charged for it, would it come directly out of the €5000 or would it come out of my remaining €1000?
    how much should i expect it to cost if i have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do it using online banking where it is free.

Otherwise, just ask in the bank if there are any fees. The fees should be no more than about 1 EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Go into a branch of Bank of Ireland, fill in a withdrawl slip for your account and a lodgement slip for your brother's account, put the two slips in an express lodgement envelope and shove it in the mail box provided, then walk out and don't look back!

Advertisement