Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psv local knowledge test?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi , I'm about to book the psv test for a taxi in cork city. I have the official psv manual to learn the relevant knowledge about the industry etc. But I was wondering what I should use to learn for "area knowledge" section? Anybody able to give me an example of what type of questions to expect in the area knowledge section? any tips/info would be much appreciated

Comments

Years back (10 ish) they'd ask you the stuff like the shortest route from the train station to the University Hospital etc etc. Even back then loads of folk who didn't have a clue got one no bother, it's not a recent occurence despite what some people maintain.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

cheers bud, its a bit of a joke that you can't get a cd-rom with practice tests, like you can for the theory tests for other licences....
    I take it that your allowed use a map book for when doing the shortest group section?

I take it that your allowed use a map book for when doing the shortest group section?

Years ago you couldn't, hence why it was a knowledge test ;) 'twas a verbal exam back then though.
    Dunno if it's changed or not, I would imagine not, it's not an orienteering test after all.

Advertisement