Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

streaming

• 03-01-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Didnt know were to put this...Im pulling my hair out here trying to connect the laptop to the xbox wirelessly to stream my films and that i got the code from windows media centre , went to add extender and it says it cant find one. Any help greatly appreiciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you dont need to use the media centre extender thing, it can be a bit buggy to say the least.

simply download windows media player 11 or later, enable media sharing, it should see the xbox on the network. then set the folders you want to share media from

on the xbox, go to my xbox, then across to video/music library and it'll see your shared folder and play from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

thanks il give it a try now and see how i get on

I give up dunno how to do it at all just goin to have to watch stuff on the laptop thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ah don't be giving up that quickly

give us more info. . .

are xbox/pc connected wired/wirelessly to router?
    what kind of router?
    did you get wmp11? you get media sharing settings ok?

it's really not as complicated as it can seem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Download TVersity, you'll be able to play far more types of video files than what is natively accepted by the Xbox. It's free and when you install it, everything is done for you so you don't have to be tech savvy. Just turn on the xbox, go to videos and select TVersity Media Sever... simple.

Oh, make sure you have Upnp switched on in your router settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Download TVersity, you'll be able to play far more types of video files than what is natively accepted by the Xbox. It's free and when you install it, everything is done for you so you don't have to be tech savvy. Just turn on the xbox, go to videos and select TVersity Media Sever... simple.

Oh, make sure you have Upnp switched on in your router settings.

I'l second the Tvsersity Idea. I have it setup with my 360 and stream movies and music to it wirelessly. Works well. Easy to setup too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

When Googling around for this problem (I had it too), I was reading sites that said the best format to stream from Windows Media Player was .wmv cos the divX codec was a bit flakey when streaming.

I haven't bothered me hole to check that out, but I may have a look at this tversity program. Cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

On the subject of playing files via the xbox,has anyone managed to stream HD 1080i files? or is there a way?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Is there anyway of streaming .avi films through the network?

An error keeps coming up for me and it wants me to connect to live, but im banned.
    Everything else works-music and all that. Already tried using tversity!

Advertisement