Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E79 on Jtag

• 03-01-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hey im getting the error E79 on my Jtag. To be honest i never actually played a game on it yet since i jtag'd it or had it on for longer than 35 mins. But anyway all i really done was mess around with different Jtag programs. So today i deleted the profile i created to install xexmenu.(Had Jtag on for about 4 mins max) And was going to put my own gamertag on the Jtag hard drive with saves as well so when i put my profile on usb stick and plugged it in in Jtag turned on xbox and 3 red lights turned it off. Plugged out usb stick then 1 light with E79. Plugged out Hard drive same red light and error. Plugged out xbox for 30 secs and turned back on same red light with error. Wot could be the problem??
    Its an Xenon. I read online somebody had the samr problem and fixed it by putting a 330 ohm resistor on the jumper connection J2D2.4-J2D2.7
    I might try that.

Actually i just thought of something while writing this. yesturday i bridged the 2 connections to prevent accidental e-fuses blowing. Would that have done something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I tried with a 330 ohm resitor and a 470 ohm and still E79. I read online and some people are saying a bad Nand flash but mine was working perfect.

The only thing i done was delete the profile that had xexmenu installed. When u install that does it change something in the Nand??
    And its looking for that file and its not there anymore so not booting.
    I can easily flash a new Nand on again but thats hassel. i have to connect all the wires up again. Ah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Dodgy DB1F1 wire if it was previously working. Or nand corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I reckon it could be your Jtag wiring, check every connection and make sure nothing is loose or shorting out. If that's not the problem, try re-write to Nand using LPT/USB.

Does Xell boot?

I was messing around with it so much its fúcked now. But i will save it.
    first i flashed the original freeboot.bin file back and still E79. So i flashed back orig.bin to c if there was any problems and worked perfectly. So i made a new freeboot file and flashed that and E79 so i said i will flash back orig.bin and them xell on top of it. But i forget wot happened but kept getting could not detect flash controller for ages and finally flashed back orig.bin. Then turned on xbox and xbox kept freezing at startup xbox 360 logo. But i always had the power connected but not the sata connected to dvd drive. (i never had that problem b4.loads of times i started xbox's with out sata connected and they worked fine) So i unplugged the dvd drive power cable and booted up past the logo with the green lights flashing. and then with power+sata connected and booted up fine.
    Now im just trying to flash freeboot back and leave it at that but keep getting could not detect flash controller.Connections are all perfect.

• Advertisement

SMC failure? Does the PSU light go red after a while plugged in?

SMC failure? Does the PSU light go red after a while plugged in?

No the PSU light does not go red.
    Was trying for a while yesturday to flash the NAND and kept getting could not detect flash controller. Got up today went to flash it tied first time same error tried again but it flashed perfect back to freeboot. But i keep getting the original problem of E79. Tried to read the NAND again just to c if it would but got could not detect flash controller. im going to leave it on that freeboot nand. It works perfect on original NAND so problem is with the JTAG wiring. As somebody sugested i should buy that xenon E79 kit but with shipping its expensive. Does any body have the diagram with components that, that kit consists of so i can build it myself or any other alternative method for the JTAG wiring for XENON. Im using 2 BAT diodes.

Swap the BAT diodes for 2x330ohm resistors, use 3x100ohm resistors in series to make up 300ohms which should also work.

Swap the BAT diodes for 2x330ohm resistors, use 3x100ohm resistors in series to make up 300ohms which should also work.

Is that safe??
    I wont be able to test it for a while untill i get some.

Yes, but depending on the console it isn't as "reliable" and the resistance method is electrically inferior.

My first Xenon was being a complete bitch about the 1N4148 diodes, every second power on would be an RROD/Exx error so I hopped into #freeboot to ask what else could I do and they told me to revert to the older way of doing it, which is two 330ohm resistors on the J1F1 points (3 and 4) before running it off to J2D2.

I never had a problem with this, I know people still running the 330ohm resistors on their Xenons today, including the guy I sold my Xenon JTAG to a month or two back :)

• Advertisement

Yes, but depending on the console it isn't as "reliable" and the resistance method is electrically inferior.

My first Xenon was being a complete bitch about the 1N4148 diodes, every second power on would be an RROD/Exx error so I hopped into #freeboot to ask what else could I do and they told me to revert to the older way of doing it, which is two 330ohm resistors on the J1F1 points (3 and 4) before running it off to J2D2.

I never had a problem with this, I know people still running the 330ohm resistors on their Xenons today, including the guy I sold my Xenon JTAG to a month or two back :)

Ok cool i will try it when i get the resistors.

Okay its working perfect now with the resistors. Dont know why the diode method stopped working when originally it was working grand.

You've got one crazy motherboard, keep us posted if there are any problems with the resistors but you should be golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

sometimes diodes fail. happened to many xbox's and their frustrated owners.

Advertisement