Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming headset

Options
  • 03-01-2011 5:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at getting a good quality gaming headset. Now gamers will say PC350s to the hilt, and I am wondering if they are actually that good or is it a case of 'I have it therefore it is best'. I suppose good quality sound along with it being closed so that I can actually hear things at LAN with a 1000 people shouting would be preferences. Any ideas?

/squints at baza

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Moved: Headphones & Portable Audio Devices
    > Games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just looking at getting a good quality gaming headset. Now gamers will say PC350s to the hilt, and I am wondering if they are actually that good or is it a case of 'I have it therefore it is best'. I suppose good quality sound along with it being closed so that I can actually hear things at LAN with a 1000 people shouting would be preferences. Any ideas?

/squints at baza

I have a set of PX21s and have to say, they are good. Improved my gaming tenfold.
    I just got back to 1.00 K/D in Black-Ops and could not have done it without this headset, you hear footsteps and can react so much quicker.
    Also tried them with Dead Space and phuq me, it really ratchets up the tension.

Do yourself a favour and get a decent set of headphones... Seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hi tar.aldarion

you are meant to get sennheiser HD280's

yours,
    Jazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

my steelseries v2 is so damn comfy.

i have big head and ears fyi.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

As I have a PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 I'm very interested in Creatives new wireless virtual surround headphones just announced at CES that do all three.

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Omega

They're not released yet but I will be keeping an eye out for any reviews to see if they're any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

sink wrote: »
    As I have a PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 I'm very interested in Creatives new wireless virtual surround headphones just announced at CES that do all three.

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Omega

They're not released yet but I will be keeping an eye out for any reviews to see if they're any good.

The Turtle Beach PX21's do all 3 also, but are not surround sound or wireless. They are about 1/3rd of the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Purely for fantastic PC audio you want a pair of there.

Logitech G35

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'd second the G35. I have the wireless version - the G930 which is also brilliant but the drivers need a bit of work.

The Razer ones are nice too but mine died within 2 months. The second razer item I had die on me in a short space of time. won't ever buy a razer product again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a fan of wireless peripherals, how long do you find the charge lasts?

thanks, googling these suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

On the G930 about 8 hours or so. If it runs out, you just plug a cord in & it becomes a wired headset. You don't have to worry about downtime. You can also walk around your house listening to iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Have had these for the last four years and there the best Ive ever used bought the G35s after hearing all the hype and tbh thought they were crap in comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Maximilian wrote: »
    On the G930 about 8 hours or so. If it runs out, you just plug a cord in & it becomes a wired headset. You don't have to worry about downtime. You can also walk around your house listening to iTunes.

Freak :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This will probably have to be moved to the audio forum but:

I have my PS3 playing through an 2.1 all in BR system.

BUT there is no headphone socket in the system.

Ideally, I would like to be able to play DVDd/BRs on the (non-PS3) system itself AND play PS3s game through earphones in order not to disturb anyone else.

I am also certain there is no earphone socket on the TV - suggestions?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Freak :p

Sorry Pog, meant to say you can lie on the floor laughing maniacally to the angry howls of your murdered erstwhile teammates without fear of ripping the cord out of your PC.

Advertisement