Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to strip paint from a bicycle frame?

• 03-01-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I would best go about stripping the paint from a bicycle frame.? I want to get it down to the steel and then spray it back up. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

If you go into the cycling section og Boards, there is a thread about stripping and painting frames. As far as i know the best method is to bring it to one of about three places mentioned who will dip the frame in acid and totally clean it, then will powder coat the frame. I think the total cost was around 50-60 euro. Wekk worth it to avoid the hassle of trying to strip it yourself. I tried it years ago with Nitromors and stil have the burn scars !!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pARTner81

Really, cool! I actually have cycling in My Forums. Thanks very much.

Advertisement