Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat factory site in Gort

Options
  • 03-01-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I passed through the town of Gort the other day and wondered is this property being used now. I read there was a fire and the factory closed but I see from the road it is in good condition. I just felt passing it was a building going to waste if not in use.

I know Gort is quiet now due to the bypass but I am half thinking of investing in the town. Is it possible to view the Meat factory site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's probably the home of some psychopathic family of murders at this stage, that's always where they hide out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What does that mean in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hi Kristopherus,

I've driven in around the site and it's largely unused. There is a small garage of sorts out the back run by a guy named Claudio, and I also believe that this is where Gort Auction Rooms operate their events out of, their contact details are on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 P2011

hoody wrote: »
    Hi Kristopherus,

I've driven in around the site and it's largely unused. There is a small garage of sorts out the back run by a guy named Claudio, and I also believe that this is where Gort Auction Rooms operate their events out of, their contact details are on the website.

Thanks for the reply, hoody.I guess I can email them and see if a unit can be leased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 20071972

did you get the lease

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 P2011

No.I was in Gort again recently and didn't feel much for the lack of atmosphere. I just don't feel it right place to invest and set up business in. Rates are fairly high and they shouldn't be.

Advertisement