Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good falling down stories...

Options
  • 03-01-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I came across this article on gawker.com and thought it might be a humorous, and entertaining, thread to start here. Do you have any good stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I love gawker but that thread is only meh at best. People's Falling Down stories are like their First Love stories - interesting to them, of passing interest to friends and family and, frankly, tl;dr for the rest of us.

I once fell on top of a hot guy I fancied in a nightclub in Galway. I was very drunk. He didn't marry me.

Now, OP, tell us yours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

When my auntie was getting married, she got a friend to make the wedding cake to save money. Day of the wedding, my dad and uncle went to pick up the cake in her apartment. Uncle falls down stairs and gets covered in cake.
    Luckily she saw the funny side to it....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

I love gawker but that thread is only meh at best. People's Falling Down stories are like their First Love stories - interesting to them, of passing interest to friends and family and, frankly, tl;dr for the rest of us.

I once fell on top of a hot guy I fancied in a nightclub in Galway. I was very drunk. He didn't marry me.

Now, OP, tell us yours...

I actually got a good laugh out of most people's responses in the comments to that gawker thread but maybe I'm just sadistic and gain enjoyment from other people's pain and embarrassment! Or maybe I just have a sense of humour...

I'm trying to think of some of my funny falling moments worth of posting, but the only one that springs to mind at the moment is something that, luckily for me, noone witnessed and so probably isn't that funny. On my first day at work as a footwear manager is a fashion shop I managed to tumble down 3 flights of dodgy rotten stairs from the stock room and lived to tell the tale (not that I did tell it, I was so embarrassed it being my first day that when the other staff asked what the noise was I said I dropped a few boxes of shoes down the stairs). The pain was agonising but I hid it quite well, bruises, cuts and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes I am one of those people who have a habit of doing so when drunk or sober without any intention though. Wham, trip my foot on a step and fall down a few steps of stairs. Not very nice if hanging onto a banister for dear life! I'v poor balance sometimes and can just trip myself up even when just standing!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Falling down hurts, believe me, i do it a lot. So no, i do not have any funny stories about falling down! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

3 years in a row ive fallen on the same spot in the snow 3 times.....drunk!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Reminds me of the time I called around to my friend Escher's place and fell up the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

AntiMatter wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time I called around to my friend Escher's place and fell up the stairs.

I've done both, fallen while going up the stairs and have fallen while going down the stairs. I often think I have two left feet then again If I go up and down a stairs in a hurry I am likely to trip. A plain ground one step wouldn't matter could still trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I swear, I attacked the floor!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I fell down there just over 6 weeks ago. Broke my ankle in two places, had to have metal put in.

Funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

one time i was walking through debenhams in cork city when i tripped over my own two feet, down i fell, and on the way in an attempt to stop myself falling i ended up grabbing a rail of clothing nearby, that fell with me, the staff were too busy laughing to help and an old woman barely able to walk was standing over me asking if i was alright....my most embarrassing fall to date! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I fell down there just over 6 weeks ago. Broke my ankle in two places, had to have metal put in.

Funny?

It depends on the situation. If you fell over a panda that was dry-humping your sister while she tried to smear it in marmalade then yes, that's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

no vengeful meltdowns when it comes on top? :(

sure we'd all be up in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was staying in a friends one night and he took two sleeping tablets before going to bed...he literally took them at the bottom of the stairs and got about halfway up the stairs before falling over the banister onto the floor, where he spent the night.

Confab wrote: »
    It depends on the situation. If you fell over a panda that was dry-humping your sister while she tried to smear it in marmalade then yes, that's funny.

No, it was while having a knife fight with a ninja dwarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Funny?

Not funny at all.... but one word....

Calcium maaainnnn :pac:

Seriously - don't go eating cheese at night-time but dollop loads of mustard on it to bring out the flavours of cheese, broad daylight will suffice otherwise you'll get nightmares (perhaps falling down the stairs...).

cheese is my dairy need, not millk - milk not good for anyone either... meh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I tripped, fell over and my d1ck landed in yore ma!

I get plenty of calcium thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Drink a few bottles of wine one nite, stumbled backwards for ages and fell into the town fountain..:rolleyes::pac:

Advertisement