Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League - Season 5 Team Picks

Options
  • 03-01-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Below is the list in order of picks for each division.

All new players were assigned to League 1 on a first come first served basis. I have added two returning players in polarbearhead and AhaShake to the Championship to balance numbers.

For those that are new the team picks works like this.

I will highlight in red who is currently due to pick (this is done in batches of 3) in each division.

Those people send me their team picks in a pm and I update the list to show what teams have been selected once I have all 3 selections.

There can only be one of any particular club within each division. Choose any club team. There are no star restrictions.

At this stage I will highlight the next batch of 3 due to pick and they pm me with their picks.

The first person in the batch sends me 1 team of their choice, the 2nd sends me 2 and the 3rd person sends me 3 in order of preference - that way if the person before you picks your first choice I have your next preference.

I expect people to get their picks back to me promptly so that we can get started by this weekend. If you are new to boards then you should regularly be checking your pms as this is more than likely how most contact regarding the league and fixtures will be organised.

If you dont return your team picks back to me within 24 hours of the PM I send; you will be sent to bottom of the draft and will have one further chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

PREMIERSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|Team
    Gavin "shels"| dungdoc|Liverpool
    alanc2003| conco27| Barcelona
    Crosáidí| czam2007| Real Madrid
    Fizman| Fizman| Inter Milan
    theflesh| paddysnorch| Man Utd
    Frisbee| Cill-| Man City
    hatchets27| joe2772| Chelsea
    Philt27| Philt27| Arsenal
    Philly_C| philly_c_ | AC Milan
    markontap| Krameel67|
    eioneill| RedDevilDub|
    colly54| colly54|

CHAMPIONSHIP
    Boards Name|PSN|Team
    Töpher| Uroboric| Real Madrid
    Gillysome| gillysome| Totenham Spurs
    L'prof| orrj2| Barcelona
    Fowler87| Haunis87| Liverpool
    bugg| DCorkey| Inter Milan
    Rackstar| da-rock56| Chelsea
    Johnnybomb | Johnny_bomb| Man United
    Bigron2109| Bigron2109| Arsenal
    flynner13| Fly13| AC Milan
    Kensutz| Kensutz| Picks In
    polarbearhead| polarbearhead|
    Aha Shake| AhaShake| Picks In

LEAGUE 1
    Boards Name|PSN|Team
    Wilson91| Wilson91|Inter Milan
    I_love_stout| I_Love_Stout| Man Utd
    Threein99| Threein99| Barcelona
    Shoutman| LTsmashie|Real Madrid
    Just Contribute| Just-Contribute| SC Braga
    Hayde7| Hayde7| Chelsea
    bigred100| BPK27| Picks In
    DH2K9|DHUSSEY1| Picks In
    niall00| damacatak|
    emmetmcl| emmetmcl
    owenh93| hedro93|
    Desire to Aspire| Desire-to-Aspire|
    Chrisq| chrisq11|
    TroutFisher| Kells97|

Updated - Next batch of 3 for the Champ and League 1 please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

thewools wrote: »
    Updated - Next batch of 3 for the Champ and League 1 please :)

People have 24 hours before they get skipped yeah?

Edit: Sorry just seen it down the bottom of the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Yay, Real Madrid for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

wowoo i Got my team.Delighted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I got Barca as my second pick not to shabby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Quick question.........what is the story with real time transfers as they happen and team picks. For example......if someone picked Man City, would Dzeko be available in FIFA come this weekend (assuming he has signed by then)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fizman wrote: »
    Quick question.........what is the story with real time transfers as they happen and team picks. For example......if someone picked Man City, would Dzeko be available in FIFA come this weekend (assuming he has signed by then)?

I thought it was updated at the end of the transfer window. Probably wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Hope I get my first choice. Will be sickened if I end up with my third :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Was going to plump for Santos, but relegation two years running didn't appeal to me, so hit the opposite end of the spectrum and took Real. Now being relegated again just got even more depressing! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Fizman wrote: »

All the transfer updates are usually done around end of february when all are completed

Updated...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Barca and Real picked in the Premier already after the first 3 picks. Sticking loyal with Liverpool myself, better get playing it more reguarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Happy I got my first choice. Was getting bored of playing with Chelsea, and having a lot more fun and playing better football with City since I started using them than I did with Chelsea.

Although I've also been losing more games with City than Chelsea... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Oooh just saw my pm there so have my top 3 choices in - hope i get my 1st one =- prob wont tho - cant belieeeeeeeeve Frisbee robbed my man city - i love them!! hehe - ah well - will be interesting game when we play!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

I sent mine in early doors and I hope the wools likes the chocolates and flowers I sent him

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

hatchets27 wrote: »
    I sent mine in early doors and I hope the wools likes the chocolates and flowers I sent him
    And i sent him a basket of mini muffins - oooh i hope he likes them..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

2nd last to pick and my 1st choice team hasnt been picked yet. Dont ruin it for me markontap!!!

You not participating this season thewools??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

eioneill wrote: »
    2nd last to pick and my 1st choice team hasnt been picked yet. Dont ruin it for me markontap!!!

You not participating this season thewools??

No doubt your first pick is my first pick too ha

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

colly54 wrote: »
    No doubt your first pick is my first pick too ha

I think you'll be alright colly. My 1st choice is a team that not many people would pick. They've taken some big scalps for me online tho :D

• Advertisement

Hoping polarbearhead misses the 24 hour deadline :pac:

Whats the standard like on here lads ? Will I be getting hammered on weekly basis ? I have only had this game since November :o

threein99 wrote: »
    Whats the standard like on here lads ? Will I be getting hammered on weekly basis ? I have only had this game since November :o

Impossible to say as you're in a league with newcomers, but there are some very good players in both leagues. I'd imagine there'll be a few sharks in yours too.

L'prof wrote: »
    Impossible to say as you're in a league with newcomers, but there are some very good players in both leagues. I'd imagine there'll be a few sharks in yours too.

Better get practicing so :eek::eek:

Better get practicing so :eek::eek:

If you put the effort in, I'm sure you'll be fine. I played my league games and (just about) got relegated. With a bit more practice I might have tayed up, but it's hard to find the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I'm sure you'll be fine. This is my first time playing in a league on here, and I'm not great either. There'll always be a mixture of great players and average players in every league, I'd say.

It's only a bit of fun anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Hoping polarbearhead misses the 24 hour deadline :pac:

ha. no such luck. its a balls being in the last 3 alright

ha. no such luck. its a balls being in the last 3 alright

Ah dang.

Would be delighted with my top 2 choices. Only 11 teams that I reckon are top quality and they could all be taken....so............. who'd ya pick :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Ah dang.

Would be delighted with my top 2 choices. Only 11 teams that I reckon are top quality and they could all be taken....so............. who'd ya pick :pac:?

its a secret!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

Its not that bad been at bottom i had last pick last time and got juventus in league 1 and didnt do all that bad finished 6th i think. they werent the worst once i sorted out a formation, but still i think ill take united this time :D

Advertisement