Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticum 7050 hdmi satellite reciever

• 03-01-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all dont even know if i am in the right place but i will give it a go anyway.

i have an Opticum 7050 hdmi satellite reciever, it was already in place when i started my lease on the flat the thing is, it hanges colour all the time it goes red, yellow, purple, all colours. but then it will go back to the normal colour.

i am not what you would call very technical and i have never had any of these satellite recievers before, so i was wondering is there anything i can do to stop the colour changing

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Can you test it in a different port on the tv or maybe try a different lead.
    Maybe try and test it on a different tv? Doing these things would narrow down where you're problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Symptomatic of a loose or faulty SCART lead or socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭My.testicals

thanks for answering, i have done both of the suggestions, still no joy.

it doesnt change colour all the time. you could be watching it for a few hours in normal colour, then it will change and it can be like that for a few days its just frustrating

Are you using the SCART lead or the HDMI lead? The specifications state that it has a HDMI connector. It's not a HD box, though - strictly standard definition, but it has a HDMI output, which might be free of those colour artefacts you are seeing. You have to have an equivalent HDMI socket on the TV, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Check its set to PAL output/RGB

• Advertisement

fat-tony wrote: »
    Are you using the SCART lead or the HDMI lead? The specifications state that it has a HDMI connector. It's not a HD box, though - strictly standard definition, but it has a HDMI output, which might be free of those colour artefacts you are seeing. You have to have an equivalent HDMI socket on the TV, though.

i am using a scart lead i have an hdmi lead for my ps3 i did try it but i got no picture at all when i put the hdmi in

snaps wrote: »
    Check its set to PAL output/RGB

thanks for the answer but i do not have a clue what all of that is

A SCART lead can carry a composite colour signal on one of the pins and can also carry a higher quality colour signal which is split into its red green and blue components called RGB on three separate pins. There is usually a setup option in the menu of a satellite receiver (or other video equipment) which allows you to set up the TV type (16:9 for widescreen TV or 4:3 for older square type TV), the video signal (RGB or PAL/composite), HDMI options etc. It might be that your particular receiver has an option to switch off HDMI, but that would be unusual. Maybe the thing is faulty:(

fat-tony wrote: »
    A SCART lead can carry a composite colour signal on one of the pins and can also carry a higher quality colour signal which is split into its red green and blue components called RGB on three separate pins. There is usually a setup option in the menu of a satellite receiver (or other video equipment) which allows you to set up the TV type (16:9 for widescreen TV or 4:3 for older square type TV), the video signal (RGB or PAL/composite), HDMI options etc. It might be that your particular receiver has an option to switch off HDMI, but that would be unusual. Maybe the thing is faulty:(

im more inclined to think that it might be banjaxed, so can i just replace one reciever with another or will i have to get someone out to do i for me.

if i can just replace it can anyone reccomend a good one for about the 100 squids mark

Advertisement