Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee Deep in a Dream - The Story of Daikatana

Options
  • 03-01-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

A few years ago Gamespot did a feature on John Romero, the development of Daikatana and the mistakes made in its studio Ion Storm. It's quite amazing some of the stuff that went on in it - the 1300 pixel arrow, the feud between the artists and level designers, and the demo of the game shown at E3 1999. Well worth a read, in my opinion.

Gamespot - Knee Deep in a Dream - The Story of Daikatana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nice one. I'll give that a read tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Nice find. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really good read and very interesting. You can tell who the real villians behind the bad conditions there really were and it wasn't all Romero although his inexperience did cause a lot of the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I remember reading that afew years back. Really good stuff.
    If anyone would like to read more on Romero himself, and his rise at id software, look out for a book called "Masters of Doom" - Great read also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really enjoyed the read. Always cool to see stories like this (for example, the one about Duke Nukem Forever). This was well written.

Was trying to beat my battery running out to read in bed the other night...Unfortunately I failed but finished it off at 2nd attempt :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Agricola wrote: »
    I remember reading that afew years back. Really good stuff.
    If anyone would like to read more on Romero himself, and his rise at id software, look out for a book called "Masters of Doom" - Great read also.

Reading it at the moment. Brilliant stuff so far. If anything Carmack is coming across as the bigger douche.

Advertisement