Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Lens cleaning?

• 03-01-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good (yet affordable) place to get your lens cleaned?

I have been traveling for the past few months, and since being home, have noticed a few grains of sand within the lens!

I know there is DIY kits, but if it wasn't that expensive, i would nearly prefer to get it professionally done?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If sand/grit/dirt got in there in the first place, chances are grit or dirt will get in again. Is it affecting the images in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

Lens only a few months old, should this be happening..

Not affecting the shots to the naked eye, but i can see the grains of sand, and i guess if i zoomed into the shot enough, i could see the dirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think only higher end pro lenses have seals to prevent grit getting in. It's pretty common to get dust or dirt inside a lens. I've heard of people dis-assembling lenses and giving them a blowout with a rocket blower ... not something I'd attempt to do personally.

If your particular lens is claimed to be sealed, then you may be covered under the warranty, might be worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

I think only higher end pro lenses have seals to prevent grit getting in. It's pretty common to get dust or dirt inside a lens. I've heard of people dis-assembling lenses and giving them a blowout with a rocket blower ... not something I'd attempt to do personally.

If your particular lens is claimed to be sealed, then you may be covered under the warranty, might be worth checking.

Cheers, thanks for the info, I don't want to attempt myself either, so if anyone knows of someone, i am still looking! In the meantime, i will find out whether lens is supposed to be sealed or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Im based near dublin and do repairs if you were interested? PM me with the details if so.
    Also what lens is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement