Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League (Thursday)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I won!!! :)

Just didn't win by enough to take me off the bottom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Round 5:

Toronto Rucks sit unbeaten at the top of division 1 after a close fought home win. However Couch Potatoes picked themselves up after last weeks defeat to knock up a bonus point victory to close the gap to 3 points. The fight to avoid relegation is hotting up already, with only 4 points seperating 2nd from bottom Front Row Fairies from Grubber RFC in 4th. Any one of the four teams from 4-7th could easily take the last safe space in the league. Men Who Stare At Goats will need to start taking drastic action to avoid relegation as they still look for their first win.

Forza Juve also sit unbeaten at the top of divison 2, but Scorched Earth's bonus point victory against fellow title challegers Curly Sue Death Squad leaves only a 2 point gap at the top. Despite defeat the Death Squad are only 4 of the pace and still have every chance of taking the silverware. The last promotion place is currently decided by the smallest of point differences as Geraldine RFC have kept a tighter defense than Ladyboys <childish>sniggers at the appropriateness of the name</childish>. And as Satory pointed out Beltra managed a victory for the first time this season but remain rooted to the bottom of the table for at least another week.

http://boardscuplite.yolasite.com/

The remaining fixtures are up. Let me know if you spot a mistake in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

mar-z wrote: »
    Round 5:

Toronto Rucks sit unbeaten at the top of division 1 after a close fought home win. However Couch Potatoes picked themselves up after last weeks defeat to knock up a bonus point victory to close the gap to 3 points. The fight to avoid relegation is hotting up already, with only 4 points seperating 2nd from bottom Front Row Fairies from Grubber RFC in 4th. Any one of the four teams from 4-7th could easily take the last safe space in the league. Men Who Stare At Goats will need to start taking drastic action to avoid relegation as they still look for their first win.

Forza Juve also sit unbeaten at the top of divison 2, but Scorched Earth's bonus point victory against fellow title challegers Curly Sue Death Squad leaves only a 2 point gap at the top. Despite defeat the Death Squad are only 4 of the pace and still have every chance of taking the silverware. The last promotion place is currently decided by the smallest of point differences as Geraldine RFC have kept a tighter defense than Ladyboys <childish>sniggers at the appropriateness of the name</childish>. And as Satory pointed out Beltra managed a victory for the first time this season but remain rooted to the bottom of the table for at least another week.

The remaining fixtures are up. Let me know if you spot a mistake in them.

Ah right, I really should pay attention so...lol

Loads of teams need to accept the second round of fixtures still! (10 out of 16 teams not accepted)

They start next Thursday, so get accepting. I've messaged the teams a reminder in-game.

Will hopefully get to update the table, etc with last weeks matches tomorrow. If not I'll do weeks 6 and 7 early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Right, accepted and ready to go

• Advertisement

Yeah I just accepted there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

The forum is a bit quiet these days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

accepted aswell and in time too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody know when this will be updated again?? I've had 2 wins and a loss since the last update....table is still showing me in the auto-relegation spot...it'd be nice for the fans to see that FRF are only looking like auto-relegation from 1 competition this season :D

The joys of no relegation from the second division :)

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    anybody know when this will be updated again?? I've had 2 wins and a loss since the last update....table is still showing me in the auto-relegation spot...it'd be nice for the fans to see that FRF are only looking like auto-relegation from 1 competition this season :D

I'll be doing it this weekend. Work and a weekend away put me a couple of weeks behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

satory wrote: »
    The joys of no relegation from the second division :)

Sounds familar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Completely forgot about this lark. Glad to see I was a contender for a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

what happens to div 1 2nd place again? there are no playoffs isn't that right so straight trophy for second as i remember it? and it runs until the final week of the season?

eoferrall wrote: »
    what happens to div 1 2nd place again? there are no playoffs isn't that right so straight trophy for second as i remember it? and it runs until the final week of the season?

Runs to week 14 (7 home games 7 away).

No play-offs so in div. 1 1st-3rd in the league table get trophies as does 1st in div 2. Botoom 4/top 4 get relegated/promoted between divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

No playoffs eh? Guess with the lack of intensity/fitness etc. that makes sense, no need to take the foot off the gas for most of the season only to go for the playoffs.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    No playoffs eh? Guess with the lack of intensity/fitness etc. that makes sense, no need to take the foot off the gas for most of the season only to go for the playoffs.

Weeks 15 and 16 also clashed with a couple of other friendly tournaments like the interprovincial one Phonehead set up.

Round up: Weeks 9 and 10

Division 2 has a new league leader after a top of the table clash in week 9 saw Scorched Earth comfortably inlict a first defeat of the season on Forza Juve. Scorched Earth now lead by one point after leap-frogging Fora. The difference between the two teams are there head to head record with SE earning the all important losing bonus in week 2. Unless both of the teams slip up in the coming weeks it's a two horse race for silverware in the division. Looking at promotion to the top tier, despite Rath Rugby Club being the only team mathematically out of the fight the onlyteam realistically able to deny Geraldine RFC or the Curly Sue Death Squad promotion is the 5th place Ladyboys.

No change in table positions from the last two weeks in division 1. However the two match days have accentuated the gaps that are there. Both weeks pitted top 4 against bottom four opposition and all 8 matches went with the form book in this one leaving a large 14 point gap between 4th and 5th. Both Gideons and Front Row Fairies will need to step it up big time in the last 4 weeks to avoid the drop. The Couch Potatoes have stretched their lead at the top to 8 and look set to dethrone last years champions the Rucks unless they take their eyes off the ball in the run in. The 2nd and 3rd place trophies are still most definitely up for grabs as only 4 points seperates 2nd from 4th.

Two round left and there's still plenty (mathmatically anyway) up for grabs.

Tonight the destination of the division 1 championship can be put beyond what little doubt remains as 1st place Couch Potatoes host 2nd place Toronto Rucks. The gap is 9 points however so the rucks need a bonus points wins in the last two rounds while hoping that the Potatoes draw blanks in both. If tonight goes the Rucks way they will be hoping the Front Row Fairies who have noting but pride to play for can cause a massive upset.

The four teams to be relegated have already been confirmed so that leaves the 2nd and 3rd place trophies up for grabs. It is almost certain that the Rucks will grab one of these barring complete collapse in the last two rounds. Tonights match between 4th place Grubber RFC and 3rd place Everyone Likes a Tryer will go a long way towards deciding the other trophy winner.

The 2nd division championship has only 2 points in it thanks to Scorched Earth picking up extra bonus points along the way. Based on form both teams should win their last two matches, which would mean that both Newcastle West and Rath Rugby Club need to deny SE winning bonus points for thetitle to be heading anywhere but Baile Na Martra.

Ladyboys maintain there slim hope of promotion until tonight at least with a gap of 8 points between them and Geraldine RFC in 4th. If Geraldine RFC lose tonight it sets up a mouth watering tie between the two at the Ladyboys home in Donnybrook the last game of the season.

Tables, etc. updated

• Advertisement

I haven't had a chance to update tables and websites yet but as a summary:

Div 1:

Trophies
    Champion: Couch Potatoes
    2nd : Toronto Rucks
    3rd: Everyone Likes a Tryer

Relegated:
    Gideons
    Front Row Fairies
    Yermen
    Men Who Stare at Goats

Div 2:

Trophy:
    Champion: Scorched Earth

Promoted:
    Forza Juve
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Geraldine RFC

I will get the tables updated and reward trophies, etc in the next day or so. I will also get things rolling for next seasons competition.

I haven't had a chance to update tables and websites yet but as a summary:

Div 1:

Trophies
    Champion: Couch Potatoes
    2nd : Toronto Rucks
    3rd: Everyone Likes a Tryer

Relegated:
    Gideons
    Front Row Fairies
    Yermen
    Men Who Stare at Goats

Div 2:

Trophy:
    Champion: Scorched Earth

Promoted:
    Forza Juve
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Geraldine RFC

I will get the tables updated and reward trophies, etc in the next day or so. I will also get things rolling for next seasons competition.

Whoop a trophy! and I should be first... Couch potatoes is in my league and I finished ahead of him! ;)

eoferrall wrote: »
    Whoop a trophy! and I should be first... Couch potatoes is in my league and I finished ahead of him! ;)

Scrummage obviously saved himself for the more important competition ;)

Scrummage obviously saved himself for the more important competition ;)

might have to stop WNWIM'ing so much...

I'll be back! :D

Is this the league I am a admin off? I can allocate trophies if so if it helps you if you are busy?

Yeah your an admin.

If you want to get your trophy quicker go for it :D It will be very quick to do anyway when I get a chance to get round to it so not much hassle either way.

Yeah your an admin.

If you want to get your trophy quicker go for it :D It will be very quick to do anyway when I get a chance to get round to it so not much hassle either way.

done! if I can do anything else let me know!

if you wish you can check if I gave the trophies to the right people, I am champ right?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

maybe a division 3 next season?? :D or even just me in division 4!

If we have enough teams (minimum 4) I'll tag on a 3rd division assuming noone has any problem with doing so. It might mean a change to the names of trophies again (as we can only have 4) but I assume everyone will be fine with it (ie 1st and 2nd in div 1; 1st div 2; 1st in div 3).

Actually I'll start a sign up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Yet another relegation. Can we hire cheerleaders for the fans yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement