Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worm tea

Options
  • 03-01-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I've been reading about worm tea however a couple of sites are saying different things, just wondering if anyone on here had any facts.

Basically I'm wondering does the liquid that comes from a worm bin do any good for you plants, some sites are saying that it does others are saying it doesn't do much compared to compost tea.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

I have found worm tea to work best as a lawn fertiliser rather than a plant one. For plants I go for nettle tea as a first choice but have used worm tea when I have no nettle. Works well, just not as well.

I have also used worm tea on the compost heap a day or two after I have turned it. Speeds decomposition up again.

Best to only draw what you want to use as it tends to go off and be a bit smelly if left. No need to dilute but if you want to make it go further dilute at 1:1 ratio.

Good luck

Advertisement