Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grant boiler....any advice

• 03-01-2011 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi all
    im havin a bit of trouble with my boiler at the moment, the boiler (kerosene) is firing and seems to be running fine (considering that i had a guy out twice to look at it ).the problem is that im not getting any heat to the radiators.i think that the water pump is gone ,as the pipe in and out of the pump is hot.not sure if there is any way i could check or see what what else it might be .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If both pipes are hot on both sides of the pump, then its unlikely to be the issue. Are the flow and return hot on the boiler? Have you a motorized valve that could be stuck somewhere perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Check that someone didn't turn down the thermostat on the front of the Boiler itself.

If you put your hand to the Pump you should fell it vibrate. But It sounds like a MV stuck.

Advertisement