Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel / Hotel in Melbourne?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

So what places would people recommended in melbourne... we will be arriving in melbourne on the 24th of this month and id like to have a place sorted for a few nights at least anyway..

All help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I stayed at the Travelodge in Docklands for four nights which is near the Etihad Stadium. It is a 5min walk from the Tram which are located up a flight of stairs. The tram takes about 10 15 mins to get into flinders street then depending on how many stops & traffic lights etc.

I paid roughly €45/night and booked through ebookers.ie It is a very new hotel and not lacking despite the budget price.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Thanks for the info I will look into it...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Hi, i stayed in melbourne for 5 months, i heard from every person that all nations backpackers is actually terrible so stay away! it all depends on what you need really! if your there long term theres a place called bev and micks. theres a few around the city but i stayed in the one across from the south melbourne market. best experience of my life! its actually like a family! when i was there i was in a 4 bed dorm the whole time, spring /summer $120 p/w , $ 80 p/w in autumn winter.

went on a bit too much there but just want everyone to have the same experience i did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

In the city http://www.kingstreetbackpackers.com.au/ is pretty good.. nice atmosphere

Out St. Kilda Direction http://www.habitathq.com.au/ like a hotel really, all brand spanking
    couldnt fault them except I always found it hard to meet people is those type of hostels... depends who your travelling with tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

I stayed in Victoria Hall when I was there and had some friends who stayed there long term. Lovely modern place, great facilities, lovely rooms.

http://www.vichall.com.au/

Would highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

I stayed in Base in St. Kilda for a few days. Nice hostel but be prepared for loud party goes. I enjoyed my stay but I was jet lagged the 1st few days which wasn't the best. I stayed in Flinders Station backpackers on Elizabeth Street for a few weeks as well which was my favorite hostel. good buzz in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

I'd have no hesitation recommending Urban Central. Its one of the best hostels in and around Melbourne! Its located down the road from Southern Cross Station towards St.Kilda and is super cool. Max 4 beds per room, really clean and I met loads of cool folk in my time there. Pretty reasonable rates. Check out their website as they have plenty of cool offers on all the time. Live Prem footie is shown in their bar in the early hours if you're up for a late one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

lenoude wrote: »
    Hi, i stayed in melbourne for 5 months, i heard from every person that all nations backpackers is actually terrible so stay away! it all depends on what you need really! if your there long term theres a place called bev and micks. theres a few around the city but i stayed in the one across from the south melbourne market. best experience of my life! its actually like a family! when i was there i was in a 4 bed dorm the whole time, spring /summer $120 p/w , $ 80 p/w in autumn winter.

went on a bit too much there but just want everyone to have the same experience i did! :D

I agree Leon, great place to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

If you're looking to meet people, I'd recommend Lord's Lodge in Prahran. It's a converted mansion and is just like one big student house. I spent 3 months there and had a great time.

http://www.lordslodge.com.au/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Depends on what your After? If your looking for a party Atmosphere Go into St Kilda Plenty of Lively hostels on Gray St I stayed in Oslo hotel its cheap but a **** hole The Beach House is lovely (loved the karaoke sessions) Coffee Palace is awesome too I drank A lot of poison Goon in that place :rolleyes: Aww even the thaughts of it now makes me Gag . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Cheers Pat D Almighty, you made a very obliging bar man....a bit too obliging!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

the space hostel is a great place i heard, and also their bar has drink and food promotions everyday....only reason i didnt stay there myself was cause it was booked out....i stayed in the discovery hostel for 24 bucks and it was grand....had everything you would need

Advertisement