Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Magnus!!?!?!!!?!?!?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

The Fansproject City Commander set has made that Ultra Magnus figure ridiculously popular, and expensive, as it happens.

<Mod>Just split this from the Generations Thundercracker thread because I wanted to talk Magnus>

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

sexitoni wrote: »
    The Fansproject City Commander set has made that Ultra Magnus figure ridiculously popular, and expensive, as it happens.

Apparently the funny thing about this is if you use a classics Optimus in it you can barely see the difference.

And I seriously doubt many people display it in vehichle mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

All thats visible of the under-robo in bot mode are the limb joints. Heck, even Optimus' upper legs/arms are grey so there's sweet buzz all difference.

Quick question; Whose the Ultra magnus in this picture at the back right (vehichle mode, behind the Armada one)?

4372377689_da43724b78.jpg

edit: It's Animated Ultra Magnus

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Quick question; Whose the Ultra magnus in this picture at the back right (vehichle mode, behind the Armada one)?

4372377689_da43724b78.jpg

edit: It's Animated Ultra Magnus

Energon. ;)
    Although also Unicron Trilogy thingy
    Hes a repaint of Overload from Armada(who was red)

And now im done being "that guy", ah Ultra Magnus. Good old cannon fodder (always seemed to get shot in the face :pac: )

I had that Robots in Disguise one too!(back left)
    Combined with Fire Truck Optimus Prime!
    I looked weird trying to figure that out during a maths lecture in college :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Energon. ;)
    Although also Unicron Trilogy thingy
    Hes a repaint of Overload from Armada(who was red)

:

Ah, but IIRC, it was a leftover Armada repaint that didn't make the cut before the line ended, and was used to pad out early Energon toys as the line launched (in the U.S) just short of Xmas 2003.

...and now that I'M done being that guy... Animated Ultra Magnus is proof that a paintjob can make or break a toy.

Animated Ultra Magnus I love.
    Roadbuster Magnus is an eyesore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

He looks alright. From what i read fansproject are expensive, so i wouldnt shell out the cost for this one, unless your desperate for an Magnus. He looks abit on a chunky side.

On the other hand that combiner fansproject bruticus looks glorious. I was this <-> close to buying him online :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

He looks alright. From what i read fansproject are expensive, so i wouldnt shell out the cost for this one, unless your desperate for an Magnus. He looks abit on a chunky side.

On the other hand that combiner fansproject bruticus looks glorious. I was this <-> close to buying him online :eek:

Ive seen the thing in the flesh, so to speak. Its a thing of beauty, even more so when you consider the original Bruticus toy that makes the base of it. Ultra Magnus is pretty cool too, I actually like the chunkiness of it. Not mad about the head design though.

I think with Magnus they deliberately made him look a bit diferent as not to get sued. Later toys are a lot braver more brazen in their similarities.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To be fair with the fans project stuff "chunky" seems to be what they're going for. If you have a look at commander, protector and the springer (warbot? Can't rem his name) aesthetically they look quite well together.

Also Animated Magnus is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Defender is the Springer add-on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭sexitoni

I couldn't use Prime for City Commander cos he's gone into D.I.A. Clone Commander. And I couldn't use Nemesis cos he's gone into Shadow Commander.;)

Hot Rod Protector set arrived last week. Lovely bot and roller and targetmaster thingy, though the battle station is a bit ugly really.

Fansproject are class. I'd love to have the bucks to pick up shattered glass rodimus / henkei wildrider to get the shadow scyther set.

sexitoni wrote: »
    I couldn't use Prime for City Commander cos he's gone into D.I.A. Clone Commander.

Took me a while to get that reference... DOH!

ap_20090707101603234.jpg.jpg?ib_____Dx_gQIHom

I don't bother with the stupid big guns on display. The shoulders aren't strong enough to hold it up and it obscures the bot anyway

Protector.jpg

Advertisement