Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dive clubs Dublin

• 03-01-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So i was due to be heading away to work abroad and had planned on working my way up to instructor level (over about 2 years duration (complete beginner now)) but due to a circumstance change im stuck on this godforsaken island for the foreseeable future!

So I wanna get serious about diving from now onwards. Im a student so im fairly broke so what are my options?

Should i join a club and get qualified from there? Are there any PADI clubs in south dub where its possible to continuously train for just club membership fee instead of paying the extortionate course fees?

To avoid the age old debate, the reason I say PADI is only because i see myself travelling in a few years and it will save me crossing over, although im not dead against any other qualification as im sure they are also excellent. But PADI would be my first personal choice.

Can anyone give me a little guidance? The stickys are horrible outdated so i couldnt get much from them.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

the cheepest way is the club way . depending on what colledge you are in . colleges have dive clubs and are aimed at students and know ho much students have or hav not .

our club(CMAS) based in dublin city center in a 3 meter deep pool . could work you all the way up to instructor level . its cheaper initally. but it would take longer than 2 years . and then a cross over would be nessary and this can be done in a few ways (pay for , internships, etc) . i have done the cross over so i would be able to advise you on the best road to this . we do student rates as well and have students in the club

as for the PADI road . there are very few PADI clubs out there and the cost of courses and exams are still the same price as from a dive center and would have a annual club membership attached .

if you would like to chat pm me and ill give you my number and explain all roads to you .

hope this helps
    steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Hi steve thanks it helps a lot.

I was actually just looking at the True Blue site there(no contact info on it though?). The first course seems very thorough and interesting. Im not pushed on the time it takes now as ill be over here and am in no rush now.

What i am looking for is to get going straight away on it though. A crossover course i could handle if it got me going now. Unfortunately my college doesnt have a club!

Have i missed most of the season by now though? Obviously not the summer diving season but most of the training and theory?

Do you guys train on a wednesday night? The guiness' pool??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

hi we train on a wed night at the guinness pool start at 7pm . we take trainess on all trought the year as we belive that every1 progresses at there on pace .

so drop up and hav a try dive for free and see if the club fits what you want . just let me know before so i can mk sure we have an instructor and sets there for you

you also hav a pm

Advertisement