Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this sound correct?

• 03-01-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi, I just thought this would be a good thread to set up.
    I myself, do not know much about Geography, but this thread isn't limited to just Geography.
    Anyone could use it.
    Basically, I thought the idea of the being able to post something. i.e a block of text that you may have created or did not photocopy properly (from a teacher's handout) that you may want verified. Someone with a bit of knowledge on te topic/subject could help with.

So, I suppose I'll go first

This is in relation to:
    India's Climate (Geography)

The Wet Monsoon
    From mid-June to September, warm ocean winds are sucked into a low(??) pressure area in the continent. One wind blows as a south-west monsoon from the Arabian Sea. Some of this air is forced to rise over the Western Ghats and intense rain falls. The second wind blows from the Bay of Bengal and veers north to blow along the Ganges and Brahmaputra valleys. 10,000m of rain can fall in some areas in a six-week period.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I sincerely hope it was not 10,000m of rain in six weeks.
    Would it not be easier to just google a few things and write it yourself?

Advertisement