Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support former UCD SU president Gary Redmond

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Z Brannigan

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Being a republican I would more likely be a member of Ogra or Eirigi tbh!

Personally I supported the sit in.

So, you got that wrong son, better luck next time.

It was Éirigí, Workers Solidarity Movement, Ógra Shinn Féin and the 32 County Sovereignity Movement and the SWP.

149577_493891668273_785943273_6957178_8121356_n.jpg

You can see the White, Green and Orange Sinn Féin banners.
    The Black and Red WSM banners.
    The Red and Yellow SWP banner.

Fair play to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Grassroots_FF

It was Éirigí, Workers Solidarity Movement, Ógra Shinn Féin and the 32 County Sovereignity Movement and the SWP.

The 32 county soverignty movement are terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The 32 county soverignty movement are terrorists

You want to back that up with information? Perhaps a link or is that more official Ogra Fianna Fail opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mickey Rosa

Grimes wrote: »
    You want to back that up with information? Perhaps a link or is that more official Ogra Fianna Fail opinion?

The group is currently considered a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) in the United States as the group is considered to be inseparable from the Real IRA, who are designated as an FTO.[11] At a briefing in 2001, the spokesman for US Department of State stated that "evidence provided by both the British and Irish governments and open source materials demonstrate clearly that the individuals who created the Real IRA also established these two entities to serve as the public face of the Real IRA. These alias organizations engage in propaganda and fundraising on behalf of and in collaboration with the Real IRA".[12] This made it illegal for Americans to provide material support to the Real IRA, requires US financial institutions to block the group's assets and denies alleged RIRA members visas into the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This is completely OT but they would be regarded as the political wing of the "Real IRA" and would be strong supporters of the release of all "IRA P.O.W.s" in Irish and UK prisons including those that killed Irish citizens and gardai. I dont think they would be designated as a terrorist group as they are 'political'. They would definitely be a very murky organisation though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The group is currently considered a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) in the United States as the group is considered to be inseparable from the Real IRA, who are designated as an FTO.[11] At a briefing in 2001, the spokesman for US Department of State stated that "evidence provided by both the British and Irish governments and open source materials demonstrate clearly that the individuals who created the Real IRA also established these two entities to serve as the public face of the Real IRA. These alias organizations engage in propaganda and fundraising on behalf of and in collaboration with the Real IRA".[12] This made it illegal for Americans to provide material support to the Real IRA, requires US financial institutions to block the group's assets and denies alleged RIRA members visas into the US.

shameless wikipedia copy and paste ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They would be the RIRA political wing as far as I know.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

He was in my class in 2nd year CS (2005/06).

I Fecking KNEW i met him at a USI thing when i was in Trinity.

I was like... nah couldnt be the same guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I would not support a career politician as career politicians are entirely ineffective when it comes to running a large organisation or country. The only way forward is to have those specifically knowledgeable in a certain area to make the decisions on that area. Supporting G.R. only further diminishes the likelihood of career politicians being a thing of old, instead it gives the whole system a tank of fuel to stumble along further. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I would not support a career politician as career politicians are entirely ineffective when it comes to running a large organisation or country. The only way forward is to have those specifically knowledgeable in a certain area to make the decisions on that area. Supporting G.R. only further diminishes the likelihood of career politicians being a thing of old, instead it gives the whole system a tank of fuel to stumble along further. Bah!

That is what the Seanad tries to do but it is severely fúcked up and useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

...really? What did they accomplish other than taking the focus off the main reasons for the student march?

Send them off to England with all the violent ****heads rioting over there! They'll fit right in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The march was by and large, a failure. Educational grants were cut and the reg fee was increased. It may not have increased by the amount originally mentioned in the media but this was only put out to soften the blow by FF.

No matter what was done by the USI this was going to happen regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

OSI wrote: »
    142060.jpg

That is all

♪ ♫ " ... and take you to the horse dentist!" ♪ ♫

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

I AM GARRY!

Tariq+Larousi+%28Nabil+Elouahabi%29.jpg

Fancy a sandwich Gary?

boysie_203_01_203x152.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This is turning terribly 4chan for my liking *shiver*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I agree with some of that. Where were all these fanatical anti-FF folk 3 years ago? They didn't ask any questions when we had full employment and low taxes. In fact most of them probably supported government policy. Now with the benifit of hindsight they were against FF all along and saw this crash coming:rolleyes:

In the 2007 elections Labour and Fine Gael promised big tax cuts and increased spending. There were the really irresponsible ones and now they pretend to be the voice of the people and that they were warning everyone all along about the economy and banks. Show me where in the 2007 election manifestos that Fine Gael or Labour called for more banking regulation?

It should be pointed out that as far back as 2000 there were international monetary groups predicting financial chaos in Ireland. So I would not bang the FF drum too hard what with Bertie telling naysayers to commit suicide and that the "boom times would get boomer".

Of course, Labour and Fine Gael are being hypocritical and are thanking their lucky stars they did not win the last election, because if they did, they would be facing their own torch yielding mob too.

Anyway, I'm not too sure what this has to do with UCD, unless you want to read my property crash thesis from 2008 in the library!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Dave! wrote: »
    Is that true? WTF has he been doing for the last seven years? :confused:

Messing about on non-stop sabbatical years whilst in various SU positions. That is why the SU cannot be representative of normal students, they never actually lead a normal students life. They only know about the extreme minority that actually care about SU elections and getting into D2 for free:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

I think I know him better than you. And yes people should be allowed to criticise their leaders and representatives but setting up facebook pages and online campaigns personnally attacking someone is a low blow and I'm confident the majority of students are better than that.

This is exactly what you've provoked here!

This thread now appears on a page one google search for "Gary Redmond". Well done grassroots_ff. It will also be there forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

OP who the fu.ck are you? why should we support that two faced incompetent hypocritical ff waster?

and to anyone who says we shouldnt be so harsh on Fianna Fail, WAKE UP!

the IMF are now running the country, you dont come back from that, go away and never rear your ugly head again please

as for the SU frankly not bothered, theres some good people as well as useless in there same as any institution. thats coming from someone who has firsthand experience of being left completely screwed by SU sabbaticals incompetence. but i do realise they're not all bad, but to donncha, scott and gary fu.ck off and never come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Hes a muppet

Hes been hanging around UCD for years, no real politics, just in it for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

This is the first thread on this board for a while now I've actually enjoyed reading.

Dont know him, sounds like gob****e, Grassroot, this ones for you:

facepalm.jpg

LOCK THREAD!

Especially since nobody thanked my GARY! from only fools and horses jokes

xp90 wrote: »
    Especially since nobody thanked my GARY! from only fools and horses jokes

That type of humor far too subtle for the likes of us to grasp. You must be from one of the better Universities, Bangladesh IT?

That type of humor far too subtle for the likes of us to grasp. You must be from one of the better Universities, Bangladesh IT?

GUURY!

Seriously though, lock her up, well at discretion.

would if I could

Is this him? Did a gary redmond search on google images:

gary-redmond.jpg

Wait, i found him, dopey lookin f ucker

http://www.usi.ie/officers/president.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Gary Redmond wanted to use the money that students had paid USI in a campaign to get DCU to join.

As a DCU student, this gave me my no vote immediately. I'd prefer the money I pay along with my registration fee to go towards something that would benefit me, not something that would benefit USI.

Money-grabbing theif, like the rest of the FF-ers in this world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement