Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pram/Travel System Info and help needed!

• 03-01-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all.

We are in the process of buying a pram/travel system and I was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas/recomendations!

We liked the look of the Mothercare My3 but the carrycot does not come with a mattress and it is a non standard size so cant pick one up easily and it is a bit bulky..
    The Quinny Buzz Dreami is quite nice too and meant to be designed for getting about but for the price it does not leave alot of space or room to carry anything(bags etc) with you on a walk!

I have seen the Maxi Cosi Mura 3 online but not in any shops so far. Like the look of it but would need to kick the tyres first before buying..

Anyone out there with some pearls of wisdom for us???
    Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm not up on the modern travel systems as my lads are 15 and 13 but I just wanted to point out some things that might be worth considering before you make your final decision.

In my case on my first lad I spent a considerable amount of time researching travel systems and went for a two and a half system as they were called back then. Thing is a lot of parents like myself also did similar and spent a lot of money on a travel system and then later bought a lighter cheaper buggy/stroller that became the main set of wheels for baby.

Things to take into consideration is weight especially if you'll be loading it into the boot a lot. What might be ok for lifting in the shop may be a major pain in the arse when you've to lift it in and out of a boot on a regular basis. Some systems are big bulky things.

When I had my first lad (London) I used to walk a mile and a half to childminders, often shopping or out and about locally and used my travel system for that but then got a light buggy (chicco which is still in use 15 years later as I'm a childminder) to keep in the car. Had my second lad here but only used the travel system for a short time and mostly used the chicco as I drove more places.

Will you be doing a lot of walking with it especially on country roads or just around town when shopping, that sort of thing?

Personally I liked having a large tray/basket for putting things as I could walk to the shops and pick up a couple of shopping bags worth of stuff and just put it in the basket underneath so size of basket is another thing to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

I got the Babystyle Oyster and absolutely love it. It's a dream to push! A couple of girls who were pregnant stopped me in town wanting to know where I got it. I actually bought it online. A friend of mine has the Quinny and said it is very heavy and was sorry she bought it. I'd suggest you go to Nursery Rhymes (they used to be at the back of Argos I think they're somewhere near the park now) and try out some of them i.e. push them around the shop! Apparently they have a huge range of systems. Also have a look online, I know they sell the Oyster in Babycare in John Street but I got it way cheaper from Babydaysdirect.co.uk in September.

Best of luck :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I see you have the same discussion going on over in the Newborn & Toddlers forum - tis the perfect place to discuss the various type of prams for your child. :)

So ill close this as its not really a Waterford discussion.

Best of luck with your purchase!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement