Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arthroscopic knee injury query? Social welfare query?

• 03-01-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Ok few question's to throw around on this one.

Would like to hear from any one who has had arthroscopic knee surgery (meniscal tear). how were you before and after procedure?
    As i am awaiting this surgery myself. I was using a bicycle on a daily basis for 3 hours approx. I had only been doing this cycling for approx 4 months when the knee flared up within a week, this causes swelling and internal bleeding. Straight to the doctor, he said this was not the cause however and was most likely from a previous injury i was unaware of. I stopped on the bike imediately. I was put on a course of anti-inflamatories and a gel plus told to use support type bandage. No long walks, no driving, no cycling. Baths would help and also visits to local jacuzzi.
    Now since i am on public waiting list my doctor wrote for me to be seen and after i rang hospital to see any news on when i might be seen. I was told im on the urgent list but was not given a date, but i was told to expect to be waiting at least 9 months.

i was talking with one person in a local club meeting who has had exact same thing as me he said he waited 2 years to be called for his operation and even though he is better knee is not 100% by far. He still has pain if bent and the knee in general feels tight.

Now next question currently on jobseeks benefit as left go from work. Since then knee injury has occured. What way will it affect my payment when i tick on the box that i am not available for work or looking. As i have been offered full time employment but on medical grounds and doctors advice its a definate no go. New employer very understandable with my circumstances.

Any info on the above would be highly appricated as im currently unsure what i should do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sls

sorry for posting in the wrong section
    im am more concerned on an answer on the arthroscopy but if you feel the entire topic is more suited here
    where would be the best section to get views from others who have had this prodcure surely not state benefits ?
    i can edit the first post if more suitable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

hi,i had same problem,i moved to illness benefit,fill in form from doc,then make sure you sent certs in, i ended up having to get an acl reconstruction a few months ago.my benefit is up in few weeks,so i have to reapply,i am an honest person i went through hell to prove my injury with the medical board,i was refused at one stage,so i appealed,and granted after alot of proof that i was genuine

Advertisement