Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pram Travel System - Info/help needed! Please

Options
  • 03-01-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,

We are in the process of buying a pram/travel system and I was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas/recomendations!
    We liked the look of the Mothercare My3 but the carrycot does not come with a mattress and it is a non standard size so cant pick one up easily and it is a bit bulky..

The Quinny Buzz Dreami is quite nice too and meant to be designed for getting about but for the price it does not leave alot of space or room to carry anything(bags etc) with you on a walk!

I have seen the Maxi Cosi Mura 3 online but not in any shops so far. Like the look of it but would need to kick the tyres first before buying..
    Anyone out there with some pearls of wisdom for us???

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

I had my heart set on a Quinny Buzz travel system. Things changed when I made a trip to Mothercare. A very helpful assistant helped me to fold various buggies and put them in the boot of my car. The Quinny Buzz was too big for the boot.
    In the end after lots of research I got a Baby Jogger, City Mini model. It folds up very neatly and lightly, simply by picking up a central strap. The seat reclines fully so I put my newborn daughter in it, with a buggy liner. It also has adaptors so it can take a maxi cosi car-seat. I have never missed having a carry-cot. There is also good storage underneath. My skip-hop changing bag clips very neatly onto the back of the buggy.
    Maxi cosi seem to fit loads of different buggies. The main thing that has made life simple is having an isofix seat base. If my daughter is sleeping I can click her into the car and then clip her into the buggy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That maxi cosi mura is fantastic,we love it and have never regretted buying it.
    There are 2 disadvantages though..the 1st is it is heavy to put in and out of the car,the 2nd is that after having one you will probably not like pushing any strollers and very few other buggies.

I have the mura 4 that you are welcome to try out.We bought it for #1 who has just gone 2,my friend got the 3 wheel version for her son that is just going 1 and finds it brilliant too.

I bring it on the train and walking everywhere,the creche did not allow big buggies so got a stroller which as far as strollers go is perfect but all it ever got used for was the creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have the Quinny Buzz 4 and although I do love it, it does take up the whole boot and we hardly used the carry cot.

I have clips on the handles which I carry my handbag on, but the shopping basket is quite small.

Like I said, I do love it. Its easy to use, folds and unfolds very easily, the foot-muff is so snuggy I want want for me! The seat has forward and rearward facing options and the maxi-cosi fits to it. Great range of colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

Hey all....

thanks for your help, lots of food for thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My son has the My3. It's a really comfy carrycot. I didn't buy my one a matress and he slept well in it. It is very bulky though!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Hey, I found the trying to make a decision nightmarish too! I found the www.which.co.uk website incredibly useful as it gave an opinion on loads of buggies and you could enter your most nb requirements and it would put a list together for you.

Now it is a subscription service but I think you can get a month for free. If you pm me, (I kept it up as love to be able to research big products I buy) I don't mind sharing my log in details for you to have a look!

Thanks all...

We have decided to go with the Quinny Buzz 3..

The My3 was discounted as while just as big and bulky as the Quinny it didnt feel as sturdy..

We also saw a Teutonia Cosmo which came a close second, the pram and car seat were just as good as the quinny but the stroller bit just didnt look as nice at all. Funtionality wise the were almost identical except the Teutonia was a bit fiddly to disassemble but it did have a nice big basket underneath...

So in the end the Quinny won it on looks!

ellee wrote: »
    Hey, I found the trying to make a decision nightmarish too! I found the www.which.co.uk website incredibly useful as it gave an opinion on loads of buggies and you could enter your most nb requirements and it would put a list together for you.

Now it is a subscription service but I think you can get a month for free. If you pm me, (I kept it up as love to be able to research big products I buy) I don't mind sharing my log in details for you to have a look!

Thanks for the website, it seems to let me read reviews without needing a login..

What did you go with after all that research? :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

We went for the My3 for two reasons
    1. Cost - Big difference between it and the Quinny when all the accessories are added in
    2. Portability - While it's a similar size to the Quinny and does pretty much fill the boot, you didn't have two seperate pram and pushchair seats. The My3 pram turns into a puschair so we didn't have to store the pram when he got too big for it.

You don't need a mattress for the cot either as it's very soft as it is. We never used one anyway. To be fair, they are all 6 of one, half a dozen of the other and the only real difference is the price. Like a car - different badges mean different prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kirryman

Hi all
    Has anyone got an opinion on the icandy cherry pram travel system? Anyone had any problems?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We have enjoyed the My3 (Red), no problems at all, just pump up the tyres every few months and away you go, we also have the Maxi Cosi car seat which fits into the My3 perfectly. Regarding the mattress, can't remember it being an issue at all, good rain cover, strong frame too, and now ours is converted to 'Buggy mode', nice . . .

P.S. When comparing the My Choice to the Quinny Buzz we found that the pram section on the Mothercare was considerably longer than the buzz, meaning more space for your baby, and that your pram mode will last two or three months more in the My3 (should you need it)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just to add to this, we just spent 3 weeks reviewing the different buggy/travel system options so i've got a few things to add.

* we got some decent discounts buying online from places like mothercare/eurobaby rather that buying in store. there was also better pictures to see the various colours ;-)

factors we used in deciding:
    1/ weight
    2/ folded size
    3/ easy of fold
    4/ lie flat seat
    5/ carry cot suitable for overnight sleeping
    6/ type of tires
    7/ number of tires
    8/ warranty
    9/ adjustable handle
    10/ storage on buggy

in the end we ordered (last night :-) ) the buzz 3 but might change the front wheel unit, either for the 4 wheel attachment or the off road one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kirryman wrote: »
    Hi all
    Has anyone got an opinion on the icandy cherry pram travel system? Anyone had any problems?

It is lovely and also light,the pram is only suitable for very small babies and if you are tall it is low to push.
    Personally I prefer the i-candy Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i don't think the cherry has an adjustable handle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was lucky to get a loan of a travel system from my friend but my little 1 is 4 months so I'd like a little push chair for quick trips to town. I'll still use the car seat and I'll be buying a seat for 9m+.

Was looking at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petite-Star-Pushchair-Purple-Berry/dp/B002OL1UNY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1ZRKNY9XMJ5TQ&colid=3H76VJJ228U8Z

as space and price are big factors.

Anyone have one or seen one in a shop?

It is the best stroller out there.
    It is comfie and light,we used it for the creche.
    Boots have them on display.

The shopping basket is not very useful is the only downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That's good to here, I never put shopping in the buggy anyway so thats fine and never use a changing bag.

Which boots?, we have a tiny boots here.

Maynooth, and pretty sure liffey valley too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billewilliam

LordSutch wrote: »
    We have enjoyed the My3 (Red), no problems at all, just pump up the tyres every few months and away you go, we also have the Maxi Cosi car seat which fits into the My3 perfectly. Regarding the mattress, can't remember it being an issue at all, good rain cover, strong frame too, and now ours is converted to 'Buggy mode', nice . . .

P.S. When comparing the My Choice to the Quinny Buzz we found that the pram section on the Mothercare was considerably longer than the buzz, meaning more space for your baby, and that your pram mode will last two or three months more in the My3 (should you need it)?
    " we also have the Maxi Cosi car seat which fits into the My3 perfectly"

I am thinking of buying a Secondhand MaxiCosi CabrioFix Car Seat 0-9 Months
    And Also a secondhand Mothercare My3

Do I need adapters for the My3 to attach the MaxiCosi car seat?

Advertisement