Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver Jewellery Making Course

Options
  • 03-01-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All,

Looking for users comments & hopefully reviews especially if previously attended this course or similar.

There is a course in the above in my area starting end of month. It is 6 weeks and costs €150. I've always wanted to try out but due to cost a little apprehensive. The description doesn't go into a huge amount of detail as to what to expect. It's in my local community college and here is the description given:

'Produce pendant, ring and earrings of your own design. An introduction to creativity, material and tool familiarisation.
    All materials included. (6 weeks).'

I have searched online for reviews but can't find anything, I'd love to hear some peoples comments/experience before signing up.

Thanks! Lou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 oog

Value wise sounds ok for an evening course. Given that tools and materials are expensive, and you won't have to buy them. how long is each class?? try to phone the college and see where the person teaching the course has studied/ trained, for silver jewellery making in Ireland it's usually with the CCOI, NCAD or University of Ulster, although there is loads of people who were working in the trade who have now been made part-time or reduntant.

Give it a go and Let us know how you get on!

Advertisement