Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle driving license.

• 03-01-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need your help. I am Greek and have A1 license since 1998(also B since 2002).
    Can i convert it to Irish A now? Do i have to pass any exams?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

Fraid not matey. You'll have to get yourself an A provisional and wait your 6 months and do the test before you can get a Full A licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For all intents and purposes, because you must apply for a provisional "A" licence, you are considered a "new" motorcyclist.

You will need to take the theory test for category AM, then you can apply for your learner permit.
    Before you can drive a motorcycle over 125cc on the roads on your own, you will need to complete the Initial Basic Training course for motorcycles.

Then you have to wait six months before you can apply for a driving test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Oh great...:rolleyes:

At least i can drive up to 125cc now.

Thanks a lot for the info and links

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

unseen wrote: »
    Oh great...:rolleyes:

At least i can drive up to 125cc now.

Thanks a lot for the info and links

Chris

No you must do the IBT for any category I'm afraid. Sorry mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Roadskill wrote: »
    No you must do the IBT for any category I'm afraid. Sorry mate

I would think his Greek (EU) A1 will permit him to drive up 125cc. Beyond that he'll need the IBT, Learner Permit, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

jayok wrote: »
    I would think his Greek (EU) A1 will permit him to drive up 125cc. Beyond that he'll need the IBT, Learner Permit, etc.

If it's a Greek provisional (Which he doesn't mention) then he will have to do theory test and IBT unless as you say it is a full A1 then he should be OK. To go up to the A permit he will have to do a conversion module (Modules 2 & 4 of the IBT syllabus) for the larger bikes.

Advertisement