Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Eirebhoy Award for Services to Irish Football - Please Vote!

• 03-01-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭

and finally...
    The Eirebhoy Award for Services to Irish Football

attachment.php?attachmentid=141835&d=1294089049pg

the nominees:

Gavin "Shels"
    Des
    stovelid
    OhNoYouDidn't
    Pinturicchio

so whose the king of Irish football on Boards? 45 votes

Gavin "Shels"
    0%
    Des
    26%
    patmacMRPRO03OPENROADPCPhotoDancorThat_GuySlickRicMr. GuappaJohnnyRyan99shano_88Aidric3hn2givr7mx1sc 12 votes
    stovelid
    26%
    cournioniJazzydeisedevileZe^dsmythyM5Dublin_Gunnerjaykay74Ferris_BuellerDOC09UNAMWolfe ToneThe Floyd p 12 votes
    OhNoYouDidn't
    28%
    super_furryThe MuppetbohsmanNecronomicongustavoGillingtonGavin "shels"An CiteogLamper.sffcpablomakaveliFoxx92Liam OProfessional Griefer 13 votes
    Pinturicchio
    17%
    CiaranCPaulwA Dub in Glasgobobbysands81stoveliddfx-antomorro-seidoncarlos 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Suitable photo attached!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

stovelid
    des.
    at least 2 ppl there shouldnt even be considered for this award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pinturicchio
    Jazzy wrote: »
    des.
    at least 2 ppl there shouldnt even be considered for this award

If you turned up to half as many irish football matches to watch as you do irish football threads to troll, you'd be the biggest loi fan on here ;)

Head says Stovelid for his sensible, quality posts, but it had to be ONYD for the pure passion and bloodymindedness which marks the true football lunatic

stovelid
    CiaranC wrote: »
    If you turned up to half as many irish football matches to watch as you do irish football threads to troll, you'd be the biggest loi fan on here ;)

Head says Stovelid for his sensible, quality posts, but it had to be ONYD for the pure passion and bloodymindedness which marks the true football lunatic

you complain about trolling then vote for ONYD :) id like to know what hes done 'for' irish football other then try bully a few people online. same for stovelid. Des at least does something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I dont understand the point of these threads, nor do I understand the bickering and smart ass comments in this one either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Des
    Trilla wrote: »
    I dont understand the point of these threads, nor do I understand the bickering and smart ass comments in this one either

i'm pretty sure you've asked this before in a similar tone which seems to dislike it.

it's a bit of fun is all, and just a way of acknowledging people's contributions to the forum.

if you don't like it, you don't have to read it, or contribute to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My bad you're right slickric, its just fun apologies.... how many of these threads is there going to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

OhNoYouDidn't
    Jazzy wrote: »
    you complain about trolling then vote for ONYD :) id like to know what hes done 'for' irish football other then try bully a few people online. same for stovelid. Des at least does something

Is Stovelid really dumped in the same boat as ONYD? Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Des
    Trilla wrote: »
    My bad you're right slickric, its just fun apologies.... how many of these threads is there going to be?

its cool; they're all done now anyway,

these last polls will close in a few days, then there'll be a results thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm sticking with my nomination, pinturrichio. Does good work talking and promoting galway united and never a sniff of elitism off him either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pinturicchio
    ONYD easily. Des hasn't posted for months afaik..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

OhNoYouDidn't
    dfx- wrote: »
    Des hasn't posted for months afaik..

+1. Went with stovelid myself, ONYD was an option too.

stovelid
    can anyone tell me what services these guys are doing?
    Des still runs the boards team yeah? thats far more (to my knowledge) then the rest do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Des
    I voted for Gavin "Shels". Don't know why really. Seems like a good aul skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

OhNoYouDidn't
    applehunter could have been a good shout for his LOI predictions League.

Stovelid for me so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

OhNoYouDidn't
    I think applehunter should have been included as well. He did a great job running the predictions league last year. Thats a more valuable contribution than some of the other nominees one of whom hasn't been on the forum for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is this not just the "Is most belligerent towards barstoolers" award or do these people actually contribute to Irish soccer in any meaningful way (Des aside obv)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

OhNoYouDidn't
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Is this not just the "Is most belligerent towards barstoolers" award or do these people actually contribute to Irish soccer in any meaningful way (Des aside obv)?

Maybe there'll be a best bar brawler award for you next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pinturicchio
    keane2097 wrote: »
    At least four of them are members and/or volunteers at their various clubs. Is that enough for you? Even if they were just normal season ticket holders they'd be contributing more than 99% of the EPL "fans" on here do to "their" clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

bohsman wrote: »
    Maybe there'll be a best bar brawler award for you next year.

If only I cared enough about a team to want to start a fight over them :pac:
    CiaranC wrote: »
    At least four of them are members and/or volunteers at their various clubs. Is that enough for you? Even if they were just normal season ticket holders they'd be contributing more than 99% of the EPL "fans" on here do to "their" clubs

Yeah that's enough for me alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement