Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with UPC router

• 03-01-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I switched from eircom to UPC about a month ago and since then I have not been able to access other computers. eg, No more media server from sony vaio to PS3 or Samsung wave?

When I click status it says IPV6 connectivity - No network access. Im using the free Cisco router that they gave me with it.

Also is it possible to connect that router to the old eircom one so it can be used as the wireless keeps dropping on that one when I'm playing online

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

is there any reason why you're trying to use IPv6?

disable it and stick with IPv4. there's no reason (in general) why they shouldn't be able to coexist side by side, but right now its just an added layer of complexity you don't need and i seem to remember someone mentioning in an old thread that the cisco router isn't great with IPv6.

you don't need it anyway, so just disable it on your router and any devices connected to it and stick with IPv4 and you *should* be grand.

Advertisement