Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some images from Grand Canal at Vicarstown

• 03-01-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Took these today 03 Jan 2011. Any C&C appreciated and most welcome.

Vicarstown_030111_2.jpg

Vicarstown_030111_3.jpg

Vicarstown_030111_4.jpg

Vicarstown_030111_5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Nice pics! On a mobile so I can't appreciate them as much as I want to but the canal looks excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Yes, very good pics, nothing to criticize really. The reflections are very clear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they're a bit too cluttered for my taste; it might be worth trying to isolate elements and frame them in such a way that there's nothing distracting in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

I quite like these,
    You got a lovely still day with lovely Blue sky to catch in the water.
    even the clouds are distingushable in the reflections.

Its one of the locations i like to visit quite often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Nice reflections. The first two are a bit cluttered as mentioned above.
    The second 2 are nice and would look even greater at dawn or dusk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Nice set ,Just down the road from me :) Hope you popped into Creans Pub for some refreshment:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Nice set, lucky the water was so calm those are fantastic reflections! #1 is quite clever, but I would have moved the view a little to the left - it looks like there's a sign missing on the right hand side (between gate posts), somehow! On #3 I might try and cut out some sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

The 1st pic is good, very clear reflections although, even though it would mean cutting out the street light, I'd like to see the top and bottom of the picture cropped, along the line of the signs.

2nd pic is a bit cluttered, the boats in the background are taking away from the main boat and reflection. The boat to the left is a little bit annoying, perhaps including it in the frame a bit more would have helped.

3rd picture is the best imo. Great colours, lovely blue water. It looks freezing!

4th is too cluttered. A shallower dof might have helped, and focus on 1 boat? Not really sure. Again lovely colours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I think that's a good analysis Sprinkles. You obviously have a more experienced eye than do I! :)

Advertisement