Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getafe v Real Madrid

• 03-01-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Not sure how much interest there is, but it's one of the few games featuring a big team on tonight.:cool:

2-0 after 19minutes.

Ozil just scored a beautiful goal, took a pass in his stride excellently, rounded the keeper and slotted into a gap the size of the ball, between the post and a sliding defender from a tight angle.

Ronaldo opened the scoring with a penalty on 11 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is this a derby match?? I'm pretty sure Getafe are from Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ozil's goal was very nice indeed. Such a blatant dive from Di Maria for the penalty I thought, extremely well taken by Ronnie tho, got so much power (and accuracy) into it.

monkey9 wrote: »

They are indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

monkey9 wrote: »

Yeah just outside Madrid.

Anyone have a link for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

THFC wrote: »
    Ozil's goal was very nice indeed. Such a blatant dive from Di Maria for the penalty I thought, extremely well taken by Ronnie tho, got so much power (and accuracy) into it.

It was the kinda situation where an honest player gets punished. His jersey was pulled, so technically a foul, but not enough to go down.

1-2, goal for Getafe. Might have a bit of a match now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yet another "penalty" I see :rolleyes:

How many is that now this season?

Ronaldo makes it 1-3. He just can't stop scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Another brace for Ronaldo. He can't stop scoring at present.

Arbeloa gets his second yellow. There was bound to be a red eventually, with the amount of fouls given.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Things just got interesting......

• Advertisement

2-3 now, with 5 min + injury time. Shocking mistake by the Real defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Real's penchant for 'winning' penalties is fúcking ridiculous.

i'm loving the fight from Getafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Important win for Real again. Di Maria is a joke with all his play acting, Ronaldo must be teaching him a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Di Maria is a great player. But he's probably the biggest diver in the world right now.

Maybe he should try out for the Olympics. He would of given Greg Louganis a run for his money in his prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

17 league games for Ronaldo and 19 goals. Zarra from 1950-51 and Hugo Sanchez from 1989-90 have scored 38 league goals. If Ronaldo can better that!!!

60 goals in 61 games, simply phenomenal. Ronaldo is definitely almost the same player as the Brazilian Ronaldo in my eyes now, he could possibly even be better in time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MOG7 wrote: »
    Important win for Real again. Di Maria is a joke with all his play acting, Ronaldo must be teaching him a few things.

The only thing he's teaching him is how to be world fukcing class.

Viva RONALDO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

CorkMan wrote: »
    17 league games for Ronaldo and 19 goals. Zarra from 1950-51 and Hugo Sanchez from 1989-90 have scored 38 league goals. If Ronaldo can better that!!!

60 goals in 61 games, simply phenomenal. Ronaldo is definitely almost the same player as the Brazilian Ronaldo in my eyes now, he could possibly even be better in time.

Would have lol'd at that comment a while back but the guy is just getting better with time. If he stay's on this path he will become one of the all time greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

lordgoat wrote: »
    The only thing he's teaching him is how to be world fukcing class.

Viva RONALDO.

Ye the Ronaldo comment was just a bit of a joke, Di Maria does look brilliant, he has really stepped up with his big move but his diving and play acting is just ridiculous, he will lose a lot of fans if he carries it on like that. Also must say it was great to see Kaka back on a football pitch again, hopefully he'll be beack firing on all cylinders very soon, it will surely give Mou a bit of a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Mister men wrote: »
    Would have lol'd at that comment a while back but the guy is just getting better with time. If he stay's on this path he will become one of the all time greats.

And to think people argued at the time it was a bad idea for him to leave Manchester...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And to think people argued at the time it was a bad idea for him to leave Manchester...

i'm not sure they did.

i think some were sore about how he went about getting the move at times.

but for him, 95% of football fans knew;

1) he wanted to go there all his life.
    2) the money suited him.
    3) the climate and lifestyle suited him.

utd fans just didn't like losing a world class player, and that's fair enough.

also, he's not getting challenged the same way in La Liga as he was at Utd. he doesn't get kicked as much, he gets a little more 'protection', and the style of football just generally suits him well in Spain.

he's having a fúcking carnival over there.

apart from that one game of course, when the actual best player in the world outshone them all.

;)

• Advertisement

You mean the one big game??

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Mister men wrote: »

He doesn't even need to improve, just keeps his game as it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

THFC wrote: »
    You mean the one big game??

:pac:

how many bigger games could you say there are in the premiership:confused:

plenty of big games in la liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

major bill wrote: »

Yeah but Sky doesn't hype the balls off them.

major bill wrote: »

Eh, you obviously mistook the joke. I was actually making a reference to the common belief that Ronaldo doesn't play well in the big games. But fairplay to Bodhisopha for picking up on it too... oh wait..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ronaldo is like the Kris Boyd of La Liga.

Advertisement