Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage in gorey/ Riverchapel area

Options
  • 03-01-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi
    I moved to Riverchapel in August and in that time we've had 3 or 4 power cuts, is this what I'm to expect all the time does anyone know why the power keeps going in this area all the time?

Thanx :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

i am in boolavogue the power goes about 15 to 20 times a year i got my self a little gas burner anytime this happens i can still make the tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

i am in boolavogue the power goes about 15 to 20 times a year i got my self a little gas burner anytime this happens i can still make the tea :)

Good idea that!! Dinner was in the oven might take the BBQ out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Kenevil wrote: »
    Hi
    I moved to Riverchapel in August and in that time we've had 3 or 4 power cuts, is this what I'm to expect all the time does anyone know why the power keeps going in this area all the time?

Thanx :(

Strange, I live in Riverchapel and we haven't had a power cut for a good while. It could be a local problem, I know we've had power cuts while the houses across the way haven't and vice versa.
    Contact ESB Networks 1850 372 757 and ask them for an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

bmaxi wrote: »
    Strange, I live in Riverchapel and we haven't had a power cut for a good while. It could be a local problem, I know we've had power cuts while the houses across the way haven't and vice versa.
    Contact ESB Networks 1850 372 757 and ask them for an explanation.

Did you not have a powercut last night? I was of the impression everyone in the area had a cut last night.
    Anyone know what happened last night to cause this by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Did you not have a powercut last night? I was of the impression everyone in the area had a cut last night.

Yes, I meant up until then. It was a very widespread cut, I was out the coast and there was total darkness beyond Cahore and as far inland as I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I rang the ESB and they were very vague with why the cut happened, the last two times it happened tho they said a coil was corroded

Advertisement