Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Plumber - Celbridge Area

Options
  • 03-01-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Anyone know a good plumber in and about Celbridge? Have been experiencing some problems over the last couple of days and then tonight when the water went our Attic Tank drained in 30 minutes so we're losing water somewhere.

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Clarrie Fawcett
    Celbridge Co. Kildare
    (087)2514564

Somebody on here recomended him two years ago to us. Nice guy, shows up when he says he will, won't rip you off. We've got him to do a few jobs for us and have been happy with his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lauri

Don´t bother.
    When I phoned him, he said he will come in half an hour. But didm´t arrive until an hour later.
    Told him I had an emergency, as I have a leak upstairs and the water is coming through ceiling downstairs.
    When he came he didm´t attempt to fix the leak, he looked everywhere giving out about the boiler, the pipes, etc, saying it was a very bad job and whoever did it wash´t a plumber.
    He told me that he will come back in an hour to fix it, so I told him not to bother. I will get somebody else.
    Would never recommend Clarrie Fawcett. Seems too nice but does´t help you in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

lauri wrote: »
    he looked everywhere giving out about the boiler, the pipes, etc, saying it was a very bad job and whoever did it wash´t a plumber.

I got the same guff about everything being wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Riskymove wrote: »
    I got the same guff about everything being wrong

TBF a lot of houses were thrown up during the boom,heating systems,gas,and plumbing tend to be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

TBF a lot of houses were thrown up during the boom,heating systems,gas,and plumbing tend to be a mess.

my house was built well before the boom.....and maybe he's right....but I'd rather he just did the job I wanted

on another note I always lol at his name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Sometimes finding a leak is not an easy task and can mean ripping up loads of floor boards and much sweat. A more experienced plumber can often start looking for the nearest exit and I wouldn't blame them after fixing a few leaks in my own house over the years. Might be better off calling a younger plumber. My advice is when you have a hidden leak ring a plumber and ask "what age are you" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

Boysey wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Anyone know a good plumber in and about Celbridge? Have been experiencing some problems over the last couple of days and then tonight when the water went our Attic Tank drained in 30 minutes so we're losing water somewhere.

Thanks
    James

pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You can still try yer man above, I've had him put in a new heating system and he's an experienced plumber. Maybe he mightn't jump when you click your fingers but he'll sort you out if it's sortable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone but David Savage!

Advertisement