Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemas Near Dundalk (Outside Dundalk)

Options
  • 03-01-2011 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can tell me cinemas that would be close to Dundalk.

The IMC cinema there is woefully bad and was hoping that maybe there were other better cinemas close to Dundalk.

Would really like to see something other than the nonsense they show in the IMC.

Would also be great if anyone knew of any film clubs in the Dundalk area, that maybe have their own screenings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

TommyT wrote: »
    The parked northern reg cars outside the IMC in Dundalk prob says all you need to know about don spot:) A tip with a K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Head to Newry, the difference in ticket price will cover the petrol and you also have a decent place to explore after the film, can't wander around in Dundalk.

amacachi wrote: »
    can't wander around in Dundalk.
    Explain??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kerrz

Live in dundalk but nearly always go to Newry, its much cheaper and only takes 10 mins to get there.When we lived in Drogheda , we would go to the cinema in Swords , bit of a trek but seats were so comfy and they would always have a great choice of movies.

The Outlet near Banbridge now have a drive-in movie theatre...Shows are on next week on Thursday and Friday, havent been yet but it sounds cool ! Again with the motorway its only 15 mins from Dundalk at night.Its 10 pounds sterling for a car and 2 people and 2 pounds per extra person.

http://www.the-outlet.co.uk/readevent.php?id=234

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Explain??

Dundalk is a dive.

Dundalk is a dive.
    Yeah and Newry is this islands Paris. :)

Is the cinema in Drogheda still happening or does it have to wait till economy improves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dundalk is a dive.

Wow !

It's probably the nicest of the North Eastern towns on this wee Island !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Hank,

Check out www.droichead.com, the arts centre in Drogheda. They have a weekly film club showing films from round the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Is the cinema in Drogheda still happening or does it have to wait till economy improves
    is there not an omniplex in drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

There is a cinema in Drogheda (have a read around here for a review!), only1kilbane was probably referring to the new cinema which is going to be built beside Scotch Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 workstoomuch

Dundalk cinema is a disgrace, my boyfriend and I were hoping to see Black Swan this weekend, and when we looked, Dundalk, Drogheda or Newry arent showing it!!!!! Were off to Swords this evening to see it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Dundalk cinema is a disgrace, my boyfriend and I were hoping to see Black Swan this weekend, and when we looked, Dundalk, Drogheda or Newry arent showing it!!!!! Were off to Swords this evening to see it!!!

Bit of a joke alright.

You can see Fred: The Movie there though if you want, I'm sure it's much better than Black Swan anyway...

Hope you enjoyed Black Swan, great film, Portman is really great.

Advertisement