Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tri Laois 2011

• 03-01-2011 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just to let you know that Tri Laois is open for registration. I hope to make this my 1st triathlon. I worked as MC at it for the last 2 years and really enjoyed it so am taking the plunge ( excuse the pun ).

Info etc at www.trilaois.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cdelboy

There appears to be a problem with the website...when I click on the link to begin entry it is just taking me to the 2010 page which says that the various categories are full...

Will give it a shot again later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

cdelboy wrote: »
    There appears to be a problem with the website...when I click on the link to begin entry it is just taking me to the 2010 page which says that the various categories are full...

Will give it a shot again later!

I tried it there and it went fine, let me go as far as putting in my info ( which i didn't )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'd heartily reccomend this tri as an early season day out or as a first event. I've done it the last two years and was planning on doing it again this year but its the day before Conn - I'm gutted :(

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'd heartily reccomend this tri as an early season day out or as a first event. I've done it the last two years and was planning on doing it again this year but its the day before Conn - I'm gutted :(

You think thats bad..........its 2 days before my wife is due our second child, but at least the cycle passes the hospital:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

I should be doing this aswel Elvis, Trying to knock a chunk of time off my last years time.
    It was my first Triathlon last year.
    what time you put in for your swim?

• Advertisement

tinydave wrote: »
    I should be doing this aswel Elvis, Trying to knock a chunk of time off my last years time.
    It was my first Triathlon last year.
    what time you put in for your swim?

Just the man !

I haven't a clue about my swim time as i can't swim yet:D i can only do about 20m but going to a coached session on thursday and then every sunday morning.

What was your time for the swim and over all ?

Just the man !

I haven't a clue about my swim time as i can't swim yet:D i can only do about 20m but going to a coached session on thursday and then every sunday morning.

What was your time for the swim and over all ?

00:14:1200:02:1000:43:2300:00:5600:30:3401:31:13
    but i will be in much better shape this time round:).
    i put 15 mins i think for the swim and i was in the 2nd wave. but i will be around 12sh mins this time but that might mean im in the last wave:eek: with the really fast at everything people:eek::eek:, so i might just stick in 15 this time again.
    deffo get a tri-suit(look at my T1 time:o)

00:14:1200:02:1000:43:2300:00:5600:30:3401:31:13
    but i will be in much better shape this time round:).
    i put 15 mins i think for the swim and i was in the 2nd wave. but i will be around 12sh mins this time but that might mean im in the last wave:eek: with the really fast at everything people:eek::eek:, so i might just stick in 15 this time again.
    deffo get a tri-suit(look at my T1 time:o)

I hope to be in the 1st wave so i can do some mc work when i finish ( if i can speak ).........can i walk the swim, i'm aiming for about 25 min as swimming is my really bad point.

I intend to get a tri suit via the club i'm in.

I hope to be in the 1st wave so i can do some mc work when i finish ( if i can speak ).........can i walk the swim, i'm aiming for about 25 min as swimming is my really bad point.

I intend to get a tri suit via the club i'm in.

Eh walk the swim....... i dont know but i did see loads doing breststroke and resting at each end so that might work;)
    what else is on the list to do?

Eh walk the swim....... i dont know but i did see loads doing breststroke and resting at each end so that might work;)
    what else is on the list to do?

Get rid of this bloody chest infection !

• Advertisement

All signed up:cool:

Roll on April 9

Just heard all the senior places are full, just a few relay left.

Roll on April 9, how is everyone getting on ?

Less than 3 weeks left and time for a final push in training............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 p_keane

Hi,

Does anyone have a space available? I tried to register a couple weeks ago but was too late..

Cheers,
    P

Less than a week:eek:

Playlist is done out for music, number belt is ordered and carb loading has begun !

no sign of the wave lists yet :(
    hopefully im not waiting round for ages to start:) best of luck Elvis i will give you a shout when i get down :D

I know that they are done up so they'll be up soon i'd say. I was told i'm in wave 2, trying to get that changed to the 1st wave.............projected time Dave, are you supporters traveling ???

The weather is at least saying dry for next sat, really looking forward to it...........i'll be slow but i'll finish !

i wouldnt worrie about time, just aim to finish strong :)
    i think about 13min for the swim (hopefully) i made a huge mistake at last years one by swimming out like a mad man and dying at the half way point.
    supporters ! yep they will be there as always, i hope they have lost the banners this year :D
    what time you stick in for your swim?

My swim will be double that time:obut i only started swimming in Jan so i have a lot of work to do during the season.

I know i can finish but its the swim that the worrying part, i can do it but........VERY slowly.

I'm going to drive the cycle route on fri just so i have it down and i'll be there after 6 on sat morning to set up PA and just mic etc ready before getting into the jeep for an hr to chill and get my head right.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The only thing Im dreading about this race is the two hour drive down, which means being up at stupid o clock. But you did just remind me to dig out my number belt, elvis.

Debating what to wear too, it wont be warm on the bike and a wet tri suit is gonna need another layer!

• Advertisement

Its giving to be aobut 15 to 18 degress, the last 2 yrs we had amazing weather and i came home with sunburn afterwards:D

I have my number belt ordered from wiggle so i hope it arrives on time.

Its giving to be aobut 15 to 18 degress, the last 2 yrs we had amazing weather and i came home with sunburn afterwards:D

I have my number belt ordered from wiggle so i hope it arrives on time.

I will bring dwon my spare one Elvis if yours doesnt arrive :)

Cheers,

I might go with shorts and a t shirt for the cycle and run as i haven't swam in a tri suit yet and i want to have done it a few times before i do it for real.

sure you might aswel use the tri-suit, it makes no odds when your swimming, it just saves the HASSLE of trying to pull your tshirt on when you wet (i done it last year and it was hard)

For 1st timer i drove the cycle route last night and there are some nice hills on it but a lot of it is on quiet back roads.

All the round abouts aren't what i'm not looking forward to.

Whats the issue with roundabouts?

I got my club trisuit yesterday so Ill be all fancy. :D Wont get to recce the route, Ill be lucky to find the place on time! Whats the road surface like for the bike right now?

The fact that people in Laois can't use them:rolleyes:

Road surface is ok, they are back roads but well tarred and not too many pot holes.

Its main roads for about 6k and back roads for 12k.

No tri suit for me, yet. I hope to have it for nenagh.

Oryx wrote: »
    Whats the issue with roundabouts?

I got my club trisuit yesterday so Ill be all fancy. :D Wont get to recce the route, Ill be lucky to find the place on time! Whats the road surface like for the bike right now?

Wha club are you with ?

Wha club are you with ?
    Wexford. Itll be written all over me. :)

• Advertisement

Good luck to all tomorrow.

If you see a guy in a Trilogy tri suit on the mic come over and say hi. I'm out the second wave so should be there to see the majority of yee finish !

8 people in my lane in a 25m pool.......ffs

I'm in wave 2 as well Elvis, what lane you in?

I'm in lane 1, only 7 in my lane.

What swim time ya hoping for ?

Im in wave 3, 7 in my lane which will make it a bit busy but hey ho. I cant remember what time I put down so I dont know if Im gonna be swam over much or not. :) good luck to you guys, hope it goes well for ya.

I put down 15 mins. I hope to get as close to 14 as possible.

My swim will be double that time, I think us slower ones are in the same lane.

• Advertisement

I hope you're right Elvis. It would be an interesting swim if there was mix of 15 -30 minute swimmers in the same lane.

Really looking forward to this now, it was one of my favourite races last year.

Yeah i wouldn't like to be holding someone up who was trying to do it in half my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

griffin100 wrote: »
    8 people in my lane in a 25m pool.......ffs

Happy days, get in the middle of the pack and they will tow you around.

Well, you cant ask for a better organised event than that. Just put a report on my log, so wont go into it here, but great weather, great crew, and great music, elvis!

Cheers and a great turn out from wexford as well !

Really enjoyed my 1st tri and as i said my swim was slow ( what do you expect after 8 weeks ) but cycle and run were strong and i crossed the line with a smile !

• Advertisement

Cheers and a great turn out from wexford as well !

Really enjoyed my 1st tri and as i said my swim was slow ( what do you expect after 8 weeks ) but cycle and run were strong and i crossed the line with a smile !
    Youre dead right, your times are great. I saw you swim and you did the right thing, took it at your own pace. You looked comfortable at it, and clearly left a lot in the tank for the rest of the race. Well done!

Whats next for you, i have a club tri in 2 weeks and nenagh the week after.

Next is my first Olympic in June (Athy). So it will be back to the back of the pack for me, lol.

I'll be there doing the music all weekend.

I hope to be up to olmypic by August.

JUst read your report and a great time overall. T1 was very slow for a lot of people from what i could see but T2 went much better for me.

Oh nad just wondering..........were the t shirts bright enough:confused:;)

Once again a fantastically organised event, loads of marshals and the best laid out transition I've ever seen. As per the last two years they even organised great weather. Was a bit worried at the start when as i had feared everyone else in my lane was predicting a 25 minute swim but the chief pool marshal was great and managed to reorganise the lane set up and put the 4-5 guys hoping for mid teen swims into the same lane so no problems. Did a 1.20.xx which was 5 minutes slower than last year but overall placing was similar to last year. A great race to start the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

The times for T1 were slow because they were taken at the mats exiting the pool and then also at the mount line away at the top of the hill so the distance to push the bike out to the mount line was part of T1. Great event to be part of, well organised and nice people to work with.

Oh nad just wondering..........were the t shirts bright enough:confused:;)
    Hell yeah, theyll be handy if we have a power cut :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭bazza1981

Did the TriLaois there at the weekend too. My first triathlon. Was in wave 5. Got a time of 1:20 mins. Already looking forward to my next one.
    Very well organised. Will definitely participate next year.

i hope when you fill out your post race survey that the dj/music gets 5 out of 5:o:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement