Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 free texts?

Options
  • 03-01-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm on 02 Experience More, with unlimted texts for a month, so this evening i start getting charged for texts, not even 3 weeks after i last topped up.

I made a call to 02 support line and a pre-recorded message tells me that they are aware some customers are experiencing trouble with this also and they're 'sorry for any inconvienience' bla bla bla

who else is having this problem? I'm only livid :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you on 'O2 Experience More' if not you are on the old 'O2 Experience unlimited free texts'

Their is a difference, in that the newer one runs for 30 days, while the latter runs on a calender month. So if you are on the old plan then your free texts would have gone on dec 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

a load of my friends have not recieved their free texts.Most topping up yesterday & today

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

DJKendo wrote: »
    a load of my friends have not recieved their free texts.Most topping up yesterday & today

Can take up to 2 days to activate iirc, so to early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

Yes Davy, I'm on the Experience More plan, using it happily for several months until now. My sister is on the same plan and having the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

anyone talk to o2 about this? will they be refunding the money spent on texts we should be getting free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

My girlfriend is on the o2 plan where you have free texts to any network for a month. I'm on the o2 plan where you have free texts and calls to o2.

My texts will send but hers won't.. Can't remember what plan is called what but she's having mega problems with her texts sending since last night at around 20:00.

Wonder what's the story. Anyone else having trouble with their texts?
    Can't get through to o2 here in Sligo, they are absolutely pants at answering their phones. Total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

I seem to be back on free texts again. I'm happy enough but really i should be reimbursed for the cost of texts i sent in the meantime. Regardless I think my days on 02 are numbered, I'm considering defecting to Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Turns out I have the same problem with my free texts since 7pm last night... Rang up and just got a pre recorded message too telling me engineers are working on the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

The gf went on to o2.ie to find out more, apparently some people are getting their texts back, slowly but surely.

Advertisement