Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Sandy Bridge CPU benchmarks are up.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

redman wrote: »
    Encoding a ts video folder of 'moon' reduced from 57 down to 13 mins....superb.

Great stuff, I do a lot of encoding, that's music to my ears :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Finally have my 2600K build up and running after a bunch of utterly retarded mistakes (I'm not sure what I downloaded from the AMD site, but they sure as hell weren't display drivers!)
    Anybody else have a nightmare getting an Asus P8P67 to recognise all 4 sticks of ram?:o (/edit - should be sorted with a bios update apparently)

Lovely beast of a thing so far, looking forward to benching the crap out of it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

did you go for the P8P67 Pro and did you buy a separate cpu cooler and have any problems installing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just using the standard intel cooler with my P8P67 pro for the time being, but there seemed to be heaps of room there tbh, I can't really picture anything but an absolute monstrosity of a cooler providing any installation problems tbh. (might be totally off the mark though)

The Sabretooth is apparently a pain in the arse to install any kind of cooler on

Upgrading the bios to 1003 sorted out my memory issues btw, love that you can just chuck the update file onto a memory stick and update from within the bios itself:) The days of pissing about with dos boot CDs are well and truly behind us at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

• Advertisement
Advertisement