Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Textpad causing problems again

Options
  • 03-01-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I'm hoping somebody can help me with this.

We use Textpad in college to write Java, which I had working until I recently updated the Windows 7 so I downloaded the JDK first like I did before and the new Textpad but Textpad won't allow me to add the Java commands. It won't see it ... I have uninstalled and installed many times and nothing.

Any ideas anyone?

I have to use Textpad in order to get used to it for my exams

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Freddio

Why do you have to use Textpad? If its because you cant install anything on college PCs, you could run ConText from a usb stick. (its an old reliable)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Freddio wrote: »
    Why do you have to use Textpad? If its because you cant install anything on college PCs, you could run ConText from a usb stick. (its an old reliable)

I will have a look at ConText, thanks for that.

But we use TextPad in the lectures its what I'm used to.

I tried out NetBeans and Eclipse and several others and found them too confusing so I'd like to get my TextPad sorted for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

psp pad or notepad ++ are both free and both work fine too.

I kind of forget what exactly textpad does to cause problems with coding but if i remember correctly its to due the way it reads whitespace

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

thecelt wrote: »
    psp pad or notepad ++ are both free and both work fine too.

I kind of forget what exactly textpad does to cause problems with coding but if i remember correctly its to due the way it reads whitespace

Finally got it fixed, thanks for all replies.

I was downloading the JDK for my windows 64 bit as stated I should do but that wasn't working so I downloaded it just under the windows option and it worked. Don't ask me why :rolleyes:

I use Notepad ++ for Web Design I love it :)

Advertisement