Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading HP Pavillion DV9500

• 03-01-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks,
    I was just wondering if any of you techies could let me know the answer to my question.

• How far can I upgrade this laptop?
    Could you basically provide me with a list of working components that would be ok for this laptop.
    I don't want a desktop.. I already have one that works grand for what I need.
    I just want something that I can bring around from time to time to mates houses and stuff and game there.
    All in all, I have a shell, what can I do with it?

HDD (What type is compatible? SCSI ...)
    MOBO (Can I change the MOBO? If yes, what type do you reckon? AMD.. Intel)
    If I can change it, what RAM would go with it? And can I then upgrade the video card?
    Fan.. can I change it? (Bit daft maybe)

I can't actually think of anything else atm.
    I really do appreciate if people take the time to answer this as best they can and honestly try to help me out.

I have a few bob to spend on this, but if you could keep budget within 1k I would appreciate it.

Yes, I could go out and buy a new laptop, but why not learn if I can upgrade it, and how first? :D

Again, thanks a bunch.

Would an SSD be able to be put on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tough question on the Mobo and fan. I'd say there arent really that many options, aside asking HP if it has any suitable replacements with the exact same form factor.

If you were seriously going to go to that length though, I'd just frankly buy a whole new laptop.

Advertisement