Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Galway Racecourse

Options
  • 03-01-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi, do you know if people are allowed to walk the Galway Race Course?? Are there lights for walking in the evenings/ is it safe for a female to walk on their own? And are dogs allowed to walk it?

Are there any other walks on the East side of the city that are safe in the evenings?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

People walk it at lunchtime. I don't know about the evening but at a guess I'd say it could be very empty and isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

No lights. No dogs allowed. Plenty of people run there all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I have never heard of any incidents to people who walk that circuit but it is a very isolated place just like Dangan would be. Safe but isolated.

If you want to do a circuit I would recommend the green area opposite the church in Renmore - it would mean walking on grass that can be muddy but you could also walk down to Ballyloughane Beach as part of your circuit.

Advertisement