Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay: O2 -> Meteor

Options
  • 03-01-2011 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Currently on O2 prepay & spending about €30 a month on credit with no data package. Was passing a meteor store today & saw their pricing & made an enquiry.

If I switch to them, I can get double topup (€20) per month & 250mb internet.

I have an iphone so the data package would be very useful, but how long will 250mb last in a month (FB/Twitter/email mostly). Is there any way of getting a warning if you go over ?

Is there any other drawbacks with going to meteor ?

I did raise the concern in store about having previously had an emobile work phone & lousy service & the girl told me that emobile only use about half of meteor's masts which is why the service is so bad.

Is it worth going to them or does O2 have a comparable offer ? (I know they have bitbuzz service which is very handy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you want to stay prepay? Or would you go for a sim only billpay plan, your contract would only last for 30days at a time?

And give more of your usage, as in how many texts and how many calls and to what networks. If its many to one network, what one?

EDIT:

For the mobile versions of FB/twitter etc it would be ok for light usage checking it, but for usage every day it might not get you by. I have used 250 in a few hours so it can go quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

At that price I'd like to stay prepay as it seems like the best value. I don't make many calls & text instead because of cost Using eirtext where possible but most of my o2 credit would be eaten up in texts. They'd mostly be to o2

o2 have the social link where you get to update facebook, twitter, myspace for free and get unlimited texts to anynetwork for €20 but im not sure how to get it on the iphone. You could try texting SOCIAL to 50202 to get the link to download it, but i dont think it will work, its not designed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

No that doesn't work on the iphone.

Well three do the free texts to any network and 500mb of internet for €20, but you buy the internet add on for €4.99 out of the €20 topup so you will have €15 to spend on calls.

Vodafone have similar but its only 250Mb and requires €30 topup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I'm doing as Davy says on Three (3Pay) with my iPhone 4 and it's been working like a charm for me for about 6 months now. Never spend more than €20 per month, never run out of data (500MB is usually enough per month for me, and even if it's not, I just take €5 out of my credit to buy another 500MB which rolls over to the the next month anyway).

Having free texts and free weekend calls to all networks works great for me also. I don't think there's any other prepay package in Ireland that matches 3Pay at the moment, in my opinion.

Advertisement